Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Ski Lessons for the Intermediate Snowboarder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

So i have been snowboarding 2-3 times a year since '07 - I'm still enjoying it - but it possibly time to add another discipline. I haven't had any lessons since "learn in a day" at Cas and I don't really see the appeal of getting lessons year upon year the way some skiers seem to...

I'm off to Pila in a couple of weeks (My Fiance went with school and has always wanted to go back). As Pila has pretty reasonable prices for private instruction and ski hire it seems like a good time to do it.

What I don't really want to end up doing is wasting lesson time hopping around on 1 leg, walking up hills and all of the day 1 group stuff I see novice lessons doing. My Fiance has a bit of skiing under her belt from school so is it okay to fib and say we're just bad blue level skiers, or will they just skip all the pleasantries if I ask?

Looking at doing about 8 hours of lessons spread through the week - I've emailled the schools to see if they can provide this - but does this sound sensible / practical?

Also - kit wise - I think the skis that are 'correct' for my height and weight (6'3, 92kg) will be a bit to big to start with (I know I'd prefer a short, flexyish board if I was learning) will the shop accommodate this?

I'd like to stress I'm "adding" and not "converting"

Cheers for your input.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're booking private lessons then surely there's no need to fib, tell them you're a relatively experienced boarder but have never tried skiing before and they will adapt the lessons based on how fast you learn. Otherwise you may find yourself at the top of a blue run wearing skis on lesson one and have to try to get down it alive.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy