Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to3V on Good Friday - expectation management

Poster: A snowHead
I have finally managed to drag myself away from the Wayneo saga to ask this and apologies if this has been covered in previous posts but I couldn't find anything.

We are driving to the 3V from Blighty on Good Friday. Can someone manage my expectations on if can expect to hit massive tailbacks on the way to the Alps? When we returned from 3V at half term we were fine but saw a 30km tail back approaching the Alps.

Thanks

Janine
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
J9, if you get there on Friday you should be fine. Traffic going up to resorts on Saturday will be busy, but not as bad as currently, or during the British half term. Easter is not a big ski deal for the French. But I gather the Tunnel is very busy, and very expensive, on Friday so the road probably won't be exactly quiet on the way down.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J9, Also, Good Friday is not a public holiday here, so it may not be as bad as you might think
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Tunnel is very busy, and very expensive

Shocked Sold out 8 until 10 and average of £131 rather than £75. I had better get on and book Thursday then!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Plenty of availability for Thursday when we booked earlier this week, the overnight road trip is on again!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The whole of Belgium will be on the road that night.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From experience don't think you'll have a problem at all - Easter is never as busy as half-term

Been there several times over Easter and traffic has been incredibly manageable
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Booked for Thursday but coming back following Saturday is busy so booked Sunday but even then a couple of the times we wanted were full!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE, Won't be a problem, travelled at the same time at half term, the roads can easily cope with the volume. 4th time I've done the trip this winter (average 5-6 times a year for the last 8 years) would rather a late night and a few Belgians than queuing for hours to get round Grenoble!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.bison-fute.equipement.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/pdf/Calendrier2013_BF_FR-2.pdf
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ha! us too, going overnight on thursday, down to La Tania for the scottish and the brits!! only two problems so far, one the car is in the garage and they dont know whats wrong with it and secondly im struggling to get a roof box to fit a citroen c8!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I imagine you will still have a better day than Jesus did.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've never found Easter to be busy at all. I shall be driving through the day on Thursday.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k, Although at least his weekend did end on a high note
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
iskar wrote:
ha! us too, going overnight on thursday, down to La Tania for the scottish and the brits!! only two problems so far, one the car is in the garage and they dont know whats wrong with it and secondly im struggling to get a roof box to fit a citroen c8!!!

You here for seniors, juniors or kids?
latest report
Thanks everyone!
snow conditions
You should be fine as has already been said the French tend not to ski over the Easter period, the Friday is not a holiday in France and schools are open and it isn't the Paris region Spring break until May as they're the last zone this year.
latest report
Patch wrote:
iskar wrote:

You here for seniors, juniors or kids?

juniors and kids, got 4 in tow!
ski holidays
iskar, will probably see you here then ... we just won't know it when we do see each other!
snow conditions
Easter was a quite period for our val thorens apartment so suggests it will be quite out there.
ski holidays
Quote:

the car is in the garage and they dont know whats wrong with it

Make sure you take out breakdown insurance... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
iskar, will probably see you here then ... we just won't know it when we do see each other!

look out for 'Avon Ski Club' kids with two stressed out coaches Cool
ski holidays
iskar, I will keep a look out for you !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy