Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis on KLM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking all the advice to "use a premium airline, none of that low-cost crap!" I've booked with KLM to go to Innsbruck in March. Well if the truth be told it was the only option short of going from Gatwick...

However - I checked the rules for taking skis and basically I can take skis free as long as they come within my 23kg weight allowance - which'll be fine as I get a cabin bag and a laptop bag as carry-on. So I duly went on their site and put the request in to take skis.

A day later the Leeds-Amsterdam flights have "request confirmed", but the Amsterdam-Innsbruck ones say "request pending" - and still do five days later. It turns out this leg is operated by KLM's low-cost carrier Transavia. Two phone calls (to incredibly helpful sounding Dutch people) later, the request is still pending, despite them both telling me they'll sort it. A request to KLM's 24/7 Twitter helpline led to them saying "contact Transavia yourself" (erm, no lads - my booking's with you, not Transavia).

I just wondered if anyone else had had this issue? The irony is if I'd booked with Transavia direct I could book my skis online (I'd have to pay) and have it confirmed immediately. I do hope they're not waiting to see how many people pay for skis before deciding if they'll take mine for nothing. Nt the best experience of a £400 "premium carrier" flight!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't sweat it.

You're with KLM and Transavia have to honour that.

That's been my experience with code share with KLM.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My worry if that if they don't "confirm" it they could simply leave my skis in Amsterdam. I'm only there for three days so it's quite important they turn up on time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A few years ago 3 of us flew to the alps from Manchester with KLM. We packed our clothes in 2 bags under 23kg each, took the bindings off the skis and put all 3 sets with poles in a ski bag (bindings in the clothes bags). We thought we could do this as we were under our checked allowance. They made us pay ski carriage and refused to let us on the flight until we paid at the airport. Had a big row and tried phoning all sorts of people but they were not budging. Hope you have a better experience.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They've told me one bag under 23kg that can be any size. I've bought a bigger ski bag specially so I can get boots and some clothes in. Chap on the phone said this is fine (I have heard a separate boot bag is on but he said not). My concern is the fact they haven't confirmed the ski carriage on the Transavia leg...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Third time of asking, now confirmed by another nice Dutch man.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy