Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slim fit ski pant, there must be some!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am a bit of a tart & dont want to look like a sack of sh*t when skiing
I dont like the baggy look that manufacturers would appear to be pushing courtesy of the boarding community
Can anyone recommend a pair of salopettes/ski pants that have a slim leg but enough stretch to allow dynamic skiing (falling over)
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SOS
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franzClammer, Plenty out there, Just bought a pair of Mtn Hardwear pants that arent a baggy fit. I also have a Mammut pair that arnt too baggy either.

The trouble I have is getting ski pants in a long leg length, easy enough in the US as the shops carry the stock. Most manufacturers do 3 leg lengths, but not carried by UK stores.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm presuming with a name like "Franz" you are a man -- but wanted to check. If a woman, there are lots of options -- at least in the US. If a man, sorry, can't help you. I look very uncool compared with my wife...

tb
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
one of these?
http://outlet.snowandrock.com/spyder-men's-dare-tailored-fit-pant/ski-pants/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/23002

I bought a similar pair years ago, slimmer than many others but not restrictive in any way, very pleased with them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My trespass are pretty slim in the thigh - boot fit I'd say, so are some of the surfanic ones.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't look for normal skiwear, is the answer to that wink

Look for some softshell trews aimed at AT skiers. Rab Exodus maybe? Every manufacturer has some of these, and they're reasonably weather resistant but perhaps not the best idea if you're going to be spending a lot of tim,e sitting down in slushy snow or skiing in the rain. Alternatively, get some thermals and some lightweight mountaineering shells (I have some Berghaus Velums for this) cos they'll be sized to fit over bigger boots but flexible enough for some moderately dynamic moves and have scuff patches at the ankles, etc.

If you can try before you buy, take your skiboots with you so you can make sure that the cuffs of the trousers fit over the top. I can just about squeeze some softshell winter walking trousers (not ski specific at all) over the tops of my Cochise boots, but they wouldn't worth with anything chunkier.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Google Shaun White and you'll get lots of inspiration. Should have you in baggy pants quick-smart. Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a pair of North Face and Helly Hansen pants. Both the same size on the waist, the Helly Hansen are much slimmer on the leg. The ones I have are the Odin.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or.. give the chaps at Cioch a call and get some custom made

http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk/waterproofs/salopettes.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hubby has some Eider ones that aren't baggy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franzClammer, be careful how tight you go... we don't called a certain snowHead 'Captain Tightypants' for nothing Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a pair of Salomon Odyssee that aren't baggy. I'm 6,2" and 85kg and find them just right.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mountain Equipment Liskamm Pant:
http://mtnequipment.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/liskamm-pants-nano-technology.html
Quite difficult to find these days but still around if you look hard enough.

Or any similar made with Schoeller Dryskin material from eg Mammut and even Stihl

V...e...r...y stretchy and light but remarkably warm. I was comfortable in mine during half-term when it was -8C in resort.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Eider do ski pants not aimed at the "I want my back bottom hanging out" on the slopes brigade. I get that is probably the coolest look in the world if your 21 or younger, but not such a good look for pretty much everyone else.
snow report
Have bought some for my daughter in Decathlon and Tchibo in the past, but I don't think they have any this year.
latest report
beequin, mine were from Decathlon last season too. Being an 'ample' woman the last thing I want to do is look like I'm wearing a marquee...
snow report
Russia appears to be a place where they are plenty full if Alps Fashion is anything to go by.
snow report
Mammut
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy