Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La joue du loup

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[color=blue]Has anyone been to La Joue du Lope which is linked into the resort Super Devoluy, it is about 80 km south of Grenoble and with easyjet flying into Grenoble this year the area will become accessible to the British market.
It has 100km of piste with good off piste and they are investing in extra lifts this year

Any comments would be appreciated
[/color]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry fellow northern Tyke but not only have I not been, i've not even heard of it. Sorry mate. Welcome to SnowHeads. Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied Super Devoluy but only driven through La Joue but nothing unpleasant about it. SD has rather "imposing" tower block accommodation but the pistes are fine except for some older lifts. The skiing is good. Last winter it was one of the few southern alpes resorts that had acceptable snow conditions.

PG used to go there a bit when he was a softy southerner.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I own an apartment in La Joue du Loup. Personally, I think its spot on. It is a small resort that has a few bars and about 5/6 restaurants so if you want a real focus on apres ski then this probably not for you. Queues are never really an issue at the lifts, they always seem to be adding something new. There is a snow park which has a giant air bag to land on. Good mix of blacks and reds. If you want any further info I can help I am sure
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easyjet also fly to Marseille & the transfers to La Joue du Loup are a tenth of the price from Grenoble. I've booked a holiday in SuperDevoluy for a week at Christmas with my kids. Transfers are only 35euros return per adult & kids up to 15 for 17euros return. Check out the Grenoble transfer prices before you book your flights as you could save loads over all by going to Marseille. I can't comment on the resort yet as it will be our first time this year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We always fly to Marseille and pick up a hire car, far cheaper .. Hire car primarily to be able to do food shopping in Veynes. SD is the bigger of the two resorts but very easy to ski into either resort. We found that the SD side of the mountain can be a bit icy so just be a little bit wary if there is not deep snow etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MAFLJDL Im going the 23rd Jan flying to Grenoble then car hire, Ive been before but is there anywhere on route supermarket wise that will be open at about 10pm so we can get some supplies!! any other advice that might help would be good!! How many runs open now there website still suggests its almost shut??

THX Pete
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Pete ... Carrefour at grenoble (South of airport so right direction) is the most major supermarket on route but according to website it shuts a 2200 http://www.carrefour.fr/magasin/city-grenoble-bouchayer/informations-pratiques. If you have hire car, easiest may be to get to LJDL on Saturday night, mini shop in the Sherpa in the village next day and then do a "major" shop in Veynes on the Monday ( https://www.magasins-u.com/superu-veynes). I'm assuming that you are self catering ?
Will have a look at the route that we use from Grenoble .... one way (via Mens I think) is so twisty even the driver gets carsick ! We often go via La Mure! Where are you staying ? Do you know the location of your chalet / apartment ?
There are not a lot of restaurants in the village so may be worth booking (lou patou & 4 Grimands ... both have warranted a re-visit
Free wi-fi (limited to 10 or 20 mins depending on how busy they are) at Tourist information
Baker in the village is spot on
Sherpa is like a big local spar shop

Let me know if there is other info / questions and I'll do my best to answer

Mark
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Thx for the update!! Staying at SD this time at Prestige L'Oree des Pistes think its on the slopes!! Gonna be midnight by the time we get there got late flights so just need to pick up something somewhere thats all!! How are your few days at Christmas like? Yeah know its not massive just me an my mate going for the skiing really!! Few cheeky beers and we will be happy!! Anything else you think may help though always keen to get as much info as possible!! Thx Again Pete Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy