Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitters in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
CH2O wrote:
Zero-G,
Quote:

Tell us more about this well preserved friend!

I believe that maybe me, google will help! wink

Indeedi-o.
Zero-G, I believe you've already met the Preserved Prince and have spent some time at His Majesty's pleasure in his dungeon of extreme seriousness.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thankyou Barleymow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tis but nowt Sire, just doing my best for the world of Boo Tittering
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ww166no, I'm free for skiing today and friday, however i'd rather put my cock in a blender than go up in this shite at the moment. Call my Bluff looks good-ish Friday???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CH2O, I'm looking out of the window and thinking I should've had another week at home! Should be free Friday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I miss SR/SZK and his ramblings. Wonder if he has taught the little fella to ski yet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe Darwin has an obsession with skiing in the backpack, at 15kgs his father is getting fast tracked fitness. He has his own skis, actually a pro model, the "Rookie" but isn't keen yet. The "Inpatient Papas" are out again in full force on Thursday to try again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CH2O, tell Papa he should have had twins, skiing with 30kg of excess is why I'm so shoite.
Great times ahead, but perhaps without the rolly in the corner of the mouth.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good grief, it's finally dawned on me! Shocked Embarassed Laughing
I always that your new username was a play on Ch for Cham plus H2O for water. Funny how preconceptions blind you to the obvious...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CH2O, My Nordica boots fitted by Seb approx 5 years ago are pretty battered but still going strong Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, he'll be gutted! It's our business now, clear reason for a change!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zero-G wrote:
Good grief, it's finally dawned on me! Shocked Embarassed Laughing
I always that your new username was a play on Ch for Cham plus H2O for water. Funny how preconceptions blind you to the obvious...

me too - and I still can't see what it really is....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FFS it's the chemical abbreviation of formaldehyde, something all Smallanimals can be preserved in! Xx
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CH2O, Aha! very clever
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okay thanks everyone. I am heading to Chamonix in two weeks time. I would really
Like to try a Full Tilt boot . Does Sole offer these ?
snow report
Puffhead, if you are going to a boot fitter let them guide you as to what boot will work best rather than fixing your mind on a specific model
latest report
Puffhead, you'll end up n white ones. Always goes that way. Live with it.
ski holidays
Puffhead, Sole does carry Full Tilt boots but exactly what CEM said, the bootfitter will assess your feet and pick the boot best suited to your feet and requirements.
ski holidays
Okay thank you all. Now what about liners. Is the liner also dependent on my foot shape ? If not any suggestions as to a suitable liner. I consider myself an advance skier. I ski every weekend and up to 45 days in a year and have done so for the past 6 years.
Total years skiing is about 35 years. I like to ski continuously all day non stop.

Love the off-piste and powder skiing, but also really enjoy carving at high speeds. Just started alpine touring last season and I am beginning to really like that also.

I do not expect to have one set of skis for all different types but as I am getting older the boot comfort has become more important for me. So the liner has become important for me.

Any suggestions ?
snow report
Puffhead,
Quote:

I like to ski continuously all day non stop.

You must have a remarkable bladder.
ski holidays
Puffhead, I'd go to Sanglard.
ski holidays
Please. Little Angel
snow conditions
Pedantica No after so many years of skiing I have mastered the art of chairlift relief and also reverse ski carve relief and some other ones which I cannot explain here. I'd be happy to show ya if you're willing.
latest report
CH2O, Laughing
Puffhead, Shocked
snow conditions
CH2O Why Sanglard . I thought Sole is the shop to go to. (here we go again)

In any case my question is about the Liners and whether there are any recommendations or is it again a decision to be consulted with the boot technician.
latest report
Puffhead, I think the solution is go to a bootfitters and let them make the decisions based on what they see, nice that you want to look into all options before hand, never helps in my experience.
ski holidays
Puffhead, You will need a sense of humour at SOLE, but it will probably be worth it.
latest report
CH2O Point taken. I will just visit the boot shop without any preconceptions and see what they suggest. Thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CH2O, see? There ARE some biddable customers in this world.

Puffhead, good luck. From what I've read, you'll get excellent service at either of these places and will be able to discuss the options fully. (I had my boots and liners fitted in the UK and simply accepted what the bootfitter said, mainly because I know absolutely zero about the subject. But I was honest about my skiing ability and, for his part, he did explain all the options to me, so I didn't feel bullied. Or at least not much. wink ) FWIW, I've got ZipFit liners and from what I've heard from various snowHeads - including high end skiers and instructors, not just intermediate punters like me - they work very well for many.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Puffhead, You will need a sense of humour at SOLE, but it will probably be worth it.

And take beer.
snow conditions
Puffhead, Tell the Boo Titters that you want the black ones with the flashy white bits and don't take no for an answer Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thanks Steve at Sole in Chamonix for my lovely new boots. Much easier to ski in than my old boots, and I do like the pink clips!
latest report
Would like to resurrect the old thread - will be heading with my brother on 7 Jan to Champoluc and since he needs boots was thinking of stopping on Saturday in Chamonix and get his boots sorted. Is SOLE still in operation and still cary a good name?

Many thanks for insights for a good bootfiter in Chamonix, would like to book the appointment asap since we would be able to visit Sat afternoon only.
snow report
SOLE was certainly still in operation last year and doing a good job. Steve's done 2 pairs for me & one for my wife over the last few years.

However... personally I'd want to ensure I could return at least once after the initial fitting to get the necessary tweaks made, rather than do a drive-by on the way somewhere else.
latest report
@snowdave, thanks! I understand what you are saying - 2 hour drive in one direction is not a problem if need be, effectively losing half a day of skiing
latest report
@mooney058, SOLE is still in operation my concern would be an amplification of @snowdave's to the extent that you might not get a 2nd appointment even in that relatively quiet week should any fettling be required...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy