Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What skis to bring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to morzine next weekend I have 2 pairs. Of skis 1 are liberty hazmats which are great normally in cold conditions both off and on piste I also have atomic metron which are on piste skis with good edges,looking at the forecast it looks like it will be warm with possible light rain on Friday as I have never skied in these conditions looking for some advice cheers Charlie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charlie26, ...well...there's a view in mountaincraft that you should never take Alpine weather for granted (so put a shell and gloves in your pack even if it's sun outside and sun forecast) and a view in racing that you prepare for the conditions you have not the conditions which might be forecast. Which is all totally unhelpful re which skis to pack (or take up the hill when you wake up in the morning and look out of the window). So....let's think about your skis. The Metrons have amazing edge hold (if you kept the original edge angles - see spyderjon's metron section) and so excel in sheet boiler plate. Which won't be the case in the warm afternoon and with light rain, but will be the case in the early mornings after an overnight freeze of wet snow. The Metrons, despite age, will still be good off piste in crud, due to weighing the same as one of Saturn's moons. That's each ski, of course. Cutting through crap is going to be quite important. On the other hand, with fickle weather, there could be a massive dump due to the warm air masses gathering in the east Atlantic and finally tracking low enough to hit the cold air mass which has been sitting over the Valais. In which case you need your wide planks. You will also most likely have the weird start-stop-start-stop snow which we get in March on the flats. Suck, release, suck, release, ... horrible ... and keeps you on your edges rather than running straight - which we do more of on 21r planks. But in all honesty I'd take both if you can blag them on the plane in the same bag....which I guess will be difficult given (i) the length of your planks, (ii) the weight of the Metrons.

Hmmmm.....best thing is wait til the last moment and look at the Meteo.

If you are on the Metrons no one who knows about about skis will think you are old-fashioned. Metrons are a skiers' ski - like John Martyn being a musicians' musician....

Conclusion? The REAL conclusion? Doesn't really matter which you take IMHO. It's the enjoyment of doing the stuff, and building up the skills of handling the conditions irrespective of what you have on the end of your legs or whether you've remembered to buckle your boots up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlie26, i am struggling to understand why the temperature, in and of itself will make a difference?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely the warm weather will make the piste slushy later on so I was thinking the hazmats might float more with sping conditions
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If it's warm take the heavier skis and stay on your edges.
Temperatures due to drop again at the end of the week. Snow id transforming, but a LONG way from slush right now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
charlie26, take both
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you can't decide on which skis to use then you obviously need to buy another pair. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking at whitedot ones ,any opions
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In under 35 hours you've gone from wondering which pair to take to thinking about a third pair?

Top man Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy