Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer in the Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I want to go on a holiday in the mountains in the summer with the Mrs.....

I'd like to mix a bit of relaxation with some activities (Mountain biking, basic climbing, white water rafting, etc....)

Hotel / Apartment with access to a pool ideally....

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's loads of places to choose from.

I like it round Lake Garda, you can also get in canyoning, windsurfing, kite surfing and the choice of Hotels is massive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You should take a look a Zell am See in Austria.
We went last year and had a great time.
Up the mountains in the morning and down by the lake in the afternoon, Perfect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fort William Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
j4meseaton, Morzine fits the bill. All your activities and more. The Multipass scheme makes it very cheap for swimming and hiking and more.
Bring a motor, I will give you a different itinerary every day for a fortnight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Lake Garda. Stay at the northern end of the lake in Riva del Garda or Torbole, you don't need a hotel with a pool when you have the lake! Went canyoning there which was great fun. Uplifts available for mountain biking too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Deux Alpes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lake Garda is lovely - but busy and hot. Depends how hot and busy you like it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
..............there's always Heptonstall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was going to suggest somewhere like Slovenia. Bovec/KranjskaGora etc. certainly good for the river activities, and mountain biking is all "make it up as you go along", with trails being ex-WW1 and sometimes not even on a map.

Ace hospitality there, and bargain prices. Hot in summer, probably much like Lake Garda I expect.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samoens, in the GM Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

With a summer like the last one the white (brown) water rafting would not be an issue!!!

Thanks for the ideas......
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for Zell am See. With the SalzburgerLand Card or the Hohe Tauern Card you can use quite a few mountain lifts, museums, pools, etc. throughout the province, either free of charge or at discounted prices.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interlaken, two lakes for water sports, I know they white water raft in the area, plenty of mountains around and I dare say there are places you can climb, though maybe not the Eiger North Face
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zell am See. Skiing in the morning, a swim in the lake then hire a sailing dinghy for a blast up and down the lake when the wind picks up late afternoon. The Grand Hotel in Zell is rather nice and not dramatically expensive, honest. The Stadt Wien has been reccomended to me. I would avoid the Zum Hirschen (and any other hotels close by). Kids congregate outside about 4am (post clubbing), then drinks deliveries on a trolley over cobbles then the dustbin lorry about 7am. I was averaging 3 hours kip a night.

Tons to do and see, great cycle routes (flat) horse riding, castles, mines, mountain biking (can't take bikes on Zell gondolas but you can at Kaprun).
snow conditions
Cheers all, we are looking at Zell Am See.

I've been to interlaken in the summer and that was quite nice.

I'll have a look at the hotel recommendations too....
ski holidays
Quote:

I'd like to mix a bit of relaxation with some activities (Mountain biking, basic climbing, white water rafting, etc....)

Les Arcs is the obvious choice:

Mountain biking, very well set up from early July to end of August Lifts up and graded pistes down for the lazy, places to hire bikes etc.

basic climbing, good via ferrata all around and a good sport climbing crag near Courbarton, good beginner snow and ice stuff and decent mountain guides

white water rafting. The Isere is a major rafting and canoeing river. They have the French canoe championships in Bourg st Maurice.

There is an excellent pool in Bourg st. Maurice

Mosha Marc, If I was going to the Dolmites (and I do every summer) I would go much further north, the Sella region or even Cortina for example.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:

Or Mytholm Steeps wink
latest report
There are really many resorts that fit the bill in France. Samoens, Morzine, Les Deux Alpes that have been suggested are all good choices. You could have a look at more resorts here http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/summer/home-summer.htm. Prices are a lot lower than in winter and most resorts bend over backwards to offer cheap activity passes.
ski holidays
+1 for L2A - its really good in summer for all the activities you mention, plus you can even do mornings skiing on the glacier.
snow report
We have a 2 bed apartment top floor apartment in Brides Les Bains. A pretty savoyarde spa town with a gondola link to Meribel. There is loads to do in the summer in the 3 vallees and if your wife wants some relaxation there is always the world class spa centre in Brides
Unlike many ski resorts, this resort does not close for the summer and as you are not based too high the mountain it is a good base to explore different areas - a visit to Lake Annecy for example.
The apartment has access to a shared indoor pool.
Take a look at the tourist board website for some of the many activities in the area http://www.brides-les-bains.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy