Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Something very very dramatic is going to happen on Saturday 30 March ...

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.facebook.com/events/343705722406500/

This strikes me as an extremely good and realistic business plan.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't see Facebook at work. Is someone predicting the OH and I having another argument about being over our luggage allowance?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

I've translated the snowVole appeal into Chinese, as apparently there are well over 5 million skiers in that country. Please forward this message to anyone you know.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It assumes that every skier on the planet want's to be a member of FB rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
why would anybody want to help Facebook rule the world? Have I missed something?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This sounds about as undramatic, uninteresting and uninspiring as anything on earth. Why on earth would anyone want to create a 'global community of snowsport lovers'? Just because I like skiing does not mean I want to waste my life posting messages on a skiing related website. ......oops Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu, Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the only dramatic thing happening on 30th March will be me on skis lol

this seems like a rather half hearted attempt to get a very long friend list for marketing purposes....i'm out (in fact i wasn never in lol)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UM, I'll be on a plane/transfer then Scotland yard pub.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Someone on FB ought to post a link that SH is already half way there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
N.B. I'm not on FB so can't get the dated link to open, what is this big plan on 30th March. NB has anyone else noticed further down in the comments that it says SV updated the event date to the 29th March, but the top link hasn't changed.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum wrote:
... what is this big plan on 30th March. NB has anyone else noticed further down in the comments that it says SV updated the event date to the 29th March, but the top link hasn't changed.

The plan is explained here (this is the full wording on Facebook):

snowVole wrote:
SnowVole.com is THE Social Network for skiers & boarders and we would like to find every skier & boarder on the planet and their associated businesses and form a truly gobal community of snowsport enthusiasts

Please come and invite ALL your skiing and boarding buddies to this event THEN LIKE www.facebook.com/Snivel.com till we are connected to all the skiers & boarders on the planet Smile

This is either an event or it's a non-event. If it's an event then I assume it's global - something like the Olympics, Moon landing or 9/11.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

truly gobal

Puzzled

I bet that the Google+ ski community will be larger
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bwah ha ha. Who would want to join a pathetic list for Phil Keith to try to monetise? Ambitious yes? Desperate roll of the dice? Last shot of THE* social network for skiers.

* definition of THE = a few industry flunkies and chalet owners plus a few bloggers they've bribed with a free holiday.Almost zero consumers with cash to spend.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Comedy Goldsmith, thank you, so there was no more to see than I had been able to access - I assumed that there was something under the dated link at the top of the FB page that I couldn't access with no FB account, there obviously isn't. Maybe I just don't understand the language, it appears to just be links on a FB site - how can that be deemed an 'Event'? Puzzled
snow report
37 signed up and 7 maybes. By my reckoning that leaves only 29,999,956 to go (approx), some of whom eat vole as a national delicacy.
ski holidays
I thought this was about <sigh> my 40th birthday Sad
snow report
Arno, surely that is far more significant then Snivel.
ski holidays
Big yawn rolling eyes
latest report
Anyone who is somebody knows there is only one place where skiers/boarders hang out on Facebook Blush
snow report
Boris, Little Angel
latest report
It isn't really, is it? Nobody gives a toss. If Mr Goldsmith hadn't mentioned it, it would have passed us by like a small fluffy cloud in the sky. Unnoticed.
snow report
maggi, so how much do you think they paid Mr Goldsmith to give it some air here? Laughing
snow report
Megamum, three chocolate buttons and a free psychological profile, probably.
snow conditions

Obviously I expect nothing. If I receive an unsolicited cuddly vole, this will be forwarded to a child in Africa or some other global recipient.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy