Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've organised a trip to Lech, I'm now having problems with booking skis as the gang going are moaning about the prices of hire in Lech.

I've found a hire shop in Klösterle which is better value, but don't know how much hassle it'll be to get skis from there and back to there.

Anyone have any local knowledge and bright ideas?? Puzzled

Doesn't actually effect me as I'm taking my own but the ear ache is a bloody pain!

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legend., You are a wise person.............Think you've more to worry about than ski hire prices if they are already moaning about prices and you havent got there yet............ Lech is pricy and not for the faint hearted, you might be needing to pack some ear-defenders!

Seriously though, whilst Klosterle isn't really that far, and yes it may be cheaper, can they realistically get there (ie have you got access to a car/ van?), and are they happy to keep running up and down, 15-20km on mountain roads to get things changed/ tweaked etc if required. Bite the bullet is my advice, Stroltz will have their leg off at the first opportunity, nice shiny glitzy Bogner gear for all........ker-ching!! wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29, So true, there is that other place that does rental on the opposite side of the road to Stroltz on the corner near the chair lifts but I have a mental blank of the name, I just remember they were cheaper than Stroltz, mind you in Lech its all relative.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get yourself into Strolz and get a pair of boots custom made for you Very Happy €600 should probably cover it

Lech (and St Anton) are not cheap places to rent skis. Not sure if the shop in Stuben is cheaper but as it's a Strolz shop, probably not
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Legend., have you checked to see if you can book skis through AlpinResorts for Lech? We got a very good deal for booking ours for St Anton through there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Legend., I am going to Lech in a couple of weeks and hired skis using ALPINRESORTS as NickyJ, suggests above.

Not a huge saving but a saving none the less Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski wrote:
Get yourself into Strolz and get a pair of boots custom made for you Very Happy €600 should probably cover it

Lech (and St Anton) are not cheap places to rent skis. Not sure if the shop in Stuben is cheaper but as it's a Strolz shop, probably not

The Stuben shop is the same price as all the other Strolz ones!

Some friends hire from Kloesterle without any issues, but they had a hire car and didn't need to go back for any tweaking.

This is who they used http://www.snowbrainer.com/en/ski-rental/austria/vorarlberg/kloesterle
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Legend., Just a thought, dont know how you are gettuing there but if driving you could stop off in Dornbirn on the way up, you'd get some good deals there I'm sure and there are very good quality shops there
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought you said 'Lecht!'
hehe
Sorry, that is all.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys and girls! The amazing news is they've bitten the bullet and plumped for the more expensive ones in Lech.

Next challenge is to get the cheapos to stop for lunch and beer and then of course a bit of apres!

9 days to go, now that is bloody exciting!!

Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If they are moaning about Lech prices, they can't afford to go.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy