Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do I buy ski passes Flaine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Flaine for a week from 16th March. We are a family of 5, first ski trip abroad. 2 boarders taking morning lessons & 3 skiers taking morning lessons.
We are booked into the following lessons, snowboarders level 1 with esf, 1 child skier with esi at bronze level & 2 adult skiers with esi at level 1.
Will we need passes from day 1 and which passes will we need?
Any help greatly appreciated as I may buy them before we go.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im out there next week Very Happy
This link should give you all the info you need.

http://www.flaine.com/en/winter/forfait-ski-en-winter-3-11-1.htm

As beginners i would be surprised if you need more than the flaine pass as there is more than enough to go at. You can buy these at the main lift station in the middle of Flaine, you can by daily extensions if you want to go out of the Flaine bowl, but I dont think you'll need to. You'll need these as son as you start your lessons.

The snow out there is fantastic at the moment , you'll have a great time - its not the prettiest resort you'll ever see but the skiing is good and great for learners.

Have a great time
latest report
 cran
cran
http://winter.grand-massif.com/our-ski-passes

You only need a Flaine pass, but if you want to explore elsewhere get a Massif pass for one or more days.

You can buy them online.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I have looked at both the links.
Am I right in thinking that if I need passes from day 1, ie a 6 day pass then the GM pass is the same price as 6 1 day flaine passes? Surely I should just buy the GM 6 day pass then??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It really is dependent on your skiing levels - The GM pass covers all the outlying villages, les Carroz, Moruulion, Samoens - if you think you'll get out there great buy the GM pass! but believe me if you are beginners you will only need the Flaine pass - I stay in Morillion and always head to the Flaine Bowl soo need the GM pass , but if you are staying in Flaine I really dont think you'll need the GM pass. Like i said it depends on your skiing abilities but if it is your frst trip believe me you wint need te full GM pass - save some money
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Mark
totally agree we will probably only ski flaine but by my reckoning it wont be any cheaper to buy the flaine pass. For an adult, GM 6 day pass = 216 Euro, Flaine = 216 Euro (6 x 36).

Quote:

It really is dependent on your skiing levels - The GM pass covers all the outlying villages, les Carroz, Moruulion, Samoens - if you think you'll get out there great buy the GM pass! but believe me if you are beginners you will only need the Flaine pass - I stay in Morillion and always head to the Flaine Bowl soo need the GM pass , but if you are staying in Flaine I really dont think you'll need the GM pass. Like i said it depends on your skiing abilities but if it is your frst trip believe me you wint need te full GM pass - save some money
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just noticed your sum and noticed there isnt a 6 day figure quoted for the Flaine pass.
That doesnt seem right - Id check at the lift office before you purchase otherwise the beginners points card or combined with the 3 day happy pass may be the way to go
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't forget that there are "points cards" as well as some free lifts for beginners. If "level 1" is beginner I would wait and take advice from your instructor. I would buy the next day pass in the pm before ticket offices shut though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies.
Level 1 is the level above beginner, can snow plough turn and ready to learn parallel, so might need lift pass from day one.
Not sure which runs they will teach us on, I'm hoping for only green as I am a very nervous learner!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd go into the ESI office on the Saturday pm - it's in Foret if you are staying there, by Shopping centre by the Perdrix Noir pub - and ask. Or if in Forum, the ESF office.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you do figure our which passes you want, order them online. We just did that (for our half-term trip) and they arrived in about a week. It saved a lot of messing around the day we arrived because we were able to park by the Gerats lift (in the car-park above Flaine Foret) and just get going.

One word of advice, our kids were in the ESF Gold, and they were certainly expected to have full area passes. This may well be the case for Bronze as well (The one child with only a Flaine pass was required to upgrade)

HTH

Rob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy