Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Innsbruck to St Anton, 24 march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone getting into Innsbruck about 11am on 24/3 either with space in a transfer or looking to share? I'm arriving on my own and have a return trip sorted so just want a single journey.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you can't find somebody to share a lift with then I can recommend the train! We took the train from St. Anton to Innsbruck at the beginning of Jan this year. It was quite a pleasant journey - I would recommend booking a seat though as it can get quite busy (we didn't).

Innsbruck Hbf
St.Anton am Arlberg
11:54 dep
12:58 arr 1:04 0

12:56 dep
14:14 arr 1:18 0 (times as per www.oebb.at)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy from embsay, +1 for the train
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, thanks - I'd looked at the train, but if for some reason I didn't get that 11:54 the next train's an hour later and takes 1:20 - so less/no skiing.

With a car it's about an hour from the moment I get out of the airport, so could be in St A for 12:30 at a push.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay, Or leave your bags in Innsbruck Hbf station locker, ski the afternoon on Nordkette (maybe with Clarky999) and catch a late pm train up to Arlberg.............just an idea!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's an interesting idea - the rest of the group will be arriving late pm so could cadge a lift with them...

It's actually cheaper to hire a car than get a one way transfer on my own - what's the drive like (never been)?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay, The drive couldnt be easier, but better sat on a warm luxury train with a beer with 1/2 a days skiing under your belt. No parking hassle, chains, CDW etc........train is very easy, book through main OEBB website, cheap too but not as cheap as a cadged lift (proper Yorkshireman eh?) Walk straight off the train into St Anton town, straight into a local hostelry for a Stiegl beer!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So let me get this right - taxi/bus from the airport to Innsbruck station. Change pants in bogs. Leave clobber in locker. Where do I go to get up the hill (walk in ski boots?), and can I hire skis (wasn't thinking of taking mine as we're only there a couple of days)?

Sounds a cracking option though...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay, suggest a PM to Clarky999, he lives there and will advise but I'm pretty sure it's that easy!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy from embsay, Or 30 mins by car up to the Axamer Lizum from the airport. 55 mins by bus from the train station. Ski back to Axams or Goetzens and head back to Innsbruck from there,bus/taxi. 30 mins by bus.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy