Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L PLagne Soleil - treadmill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I am training for the London Marathon at present, off to Le Plagne Soleil with Silverski next week - anyone know of a gym or treadmill facility there that I could use a couple of times to avoid a complete break in training. Eg. could be a hotel with a gym you can pay to use, or one that doesn't do any checks!

Thanks .... Simon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A road.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
don't want to get up extra super early and too dark in the evenings
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry I can't help you to find a treadmill.

I don't know how good a runner or skier you are. Assuming you are not an elite running I would try not to worry about it.

I have been in your position for the last couple of years - 2011 when I did the London Marathon and last year when I was training for a multi-day run.

Assuming you are only going for a week, I really wouldn't worry. A week off running won't make a massive difference (unless you may be an elite runner?) to your fitness and it could actually be good for you if you have been training hard recently.

Skiing is fairly active and can be a good work out. If you try to mix this with clocking up some miles in the evening you could injure yourself if your body isn't used to routinely training for long days and most days per week. This would ruin your holiday and cause a greater break from running when you are back.

From my own experience, if I was in your shoes, I would ski as I normally would and focus on some gentle stretching in the evenings. Just enjoy your holiday and come back refreshed and ready to run.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks jondug - not elite but trying to crack 3 hours!
I take your point and actually I'm not looking to do anything like a full week of training (currently 60+ miles) - just would like to get something like three 45 minutes jogs in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try a few high intensity interval training on hills ,that should do the trick Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were there at New Year and actually saw a lot of people out running on the road!
I think the CGH apartments have a gym - might be worth giving them a ring / email to ask if they'd let you use it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cross country courses make good running terrain, usually soft too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Vicki - have emailed them and can use although €16/day so, as long as I feel up to it, might make it two longer sessions rather than three shorter ones! Any other suggestions appreciated too.

I'll take stuff for roads just in case, but I'll be ski-ing from 9am till 5:30pm so daylight opportunities rather limited.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The gym at Grange du Soleil (CGH) was great thanks Vicky, albeit rather hot being by the pool. I suppose altitude and heat must be good for training. Went four times, avg 70mins each.

Had good week of skiing - blue skies all week, no fresh snow so icy by end of the week, ultra-cold though - made worse by the antiquated and inadequate lift network, given the cost of lift passes I was very disappointed in the slow, cold (no bubble covers) chair-lifts and gondolas (Funiplagne from P. Central excepted)

PS Did see quite a few joggers on the walking route.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 27-02-13 18:01; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jondug - you might be right, did 4 evenings on treadmill as I said, fay after return, Monday morning, I did 19M which was the worst training run I have ever done, it was a real struggle some slog, quads were especially heavy and my legs have yet to recover. In the same situation again, I think I would just have two treadmill sessions and not do a long run on return. Ski-ing clearly takes more out of the legs than you realise at the time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy