Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Access to Saint Nicolas de Veroce - Evasion Mont Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks...

Quick question really for anyone living in or around the St Gervais / Les Contamines areas... Is it possible to get access to Saint Nicolas de Veroce from Les Contamines without going into SG and then back on yourself... Was just wondering as it looks a like a good (and quiet) entry point if you can...? Google maps shows you can but I am thinking that maybe they are not roads and more like 'tracks'....

Thx all Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only been to the area twice and driven up to Les Contamines from St G and back a few times but I've got a feeling that they are just tracks and not kept open in the winter. So unless you've got a Defender with a full set of chains...

If you have to go the long way round you might as well park at Les Bettex.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineAddict, no, not by lift. If you want to do some uphill under your own steam and some off-piste, it's possible to scale Mont Joly from which it's down to St Nicks in one go. They've been talking about adding lifts to link the two at a low level for years and years.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpineAddict, do you mean driving? there's certainly no need to go anywhere near St Gervais - just drive up the road. 4.3 km according to google maps.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folks, sorry, should have made it clearer in the OP... Yes, I meant by car... pam w, Google maps does show it as being possible but I think they are via tracks that will certainly not be open in Winter... Sad

Thx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlpineAddict, I think it would be open - google maps usually indicated if a route may be seasonally closed and there's no such indication. It's very low to have roads closed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
AlpineAddict, I think it would be open - google maps usually indicated if a route may be seasonally closed and there's no such indication. It's very low to have roads closed.
Except that the route up to St Nicholas from the main Les Contamines road looks like little more than a farm track in places on Google satellite view.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
agw, you may well be right. I've just checked a route which I use regularly in the summer, but which is completely snowbound all winter, and google maps don't mention that the road might be closed. It's an unclassified road (essentially a forestry road only) so perhaps they only indicate routes which are "formally" closed. I've never looked at that route on google maps before as I know perfectly well where it is but although it's a tarmac road (albeit one with a fair few pot holes) it's most definitely closed all winter.

AlpineAddict, you could presumably ask the guy you're buying the place from?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Thx for this... I think you're confirming what I already know... and yes, I could ask there agent... The person who lives there is about 80 and speaks no French so that would be more of a dead end than this road by all accounts... Thx anyhow...

It was more out of curiosity than anything else...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy