Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stanstead Airport Parking

Poster: A snowHead
I recently paid £18.60 for 10 days' airport parking (off-site) at Birmingham. I've now been looking online for 6 days' parking at Stanstead and the cheapest I can find is £65!! It seems ridiculous that one airport can cost so much more than another. It can't be a London thing, I parked at Luton last September for £26 for 5 days.

Anyone got any tips for cheaper parking at Stanstead? In fairness my brother only lives 15 miles away but that's not possible by public transport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, not parked there for ages, I think we stayed overnight at a hotel last time and parked there while we were away. If you go through Quidco at least you might get some cashback.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Further googling has got the price down to £43 which is slightly more palatable...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't ever recall paying that much at Stansted. Maybe it's gone up now. Is that price at the short/mid or long stay car park? In the past, anything over 4 days, we always parked in the long stay

I remember in the past, you could park at the football ground in nearby Bishops Stortford but don't think this is an option now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jimmybog, long and mid stay are the same price at £65. The £43 option is 2 miles away off-site which for a saving of £22 is well worth it. It just seems a whole heap more expensive than any other airport. I'll probably avoid Stanstead in future as a result. The only nice bit is I get to see my Mum the night before and for dinner when I get back (she lives near Cambridge which is on the way to Stanstead).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, we used a valet parking company at Stansted as it was as cheap as airport parking. Sorry, neither OH or I can remember which one. Still twice as expensive as Brum though, which seems to be the cheapest of anywhere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last time we tried parking at Stansted we booked an offsite place, turned out it was miles from Stansted and we nearly missed our flight - so be careful about this. Now on I always park at the airport just in case.

I think the Radisson does a parking and overnight stay deal which is fairly reasonable.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have a look at www.ilovemeetandgreet.co.uk their prices seemed reasonable
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, I always use a valet service at stansted - meteor comes to mind - always cheaper than the alternatives
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I parked at Stansted Mountfitchit and caught the train in and out - worked very well but didn't save much money. About £45 for a week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stansted has been under new management since the end of last year. It may now be owned by the same company as Birmingham airport? Anyway in the run up to handing over, airport staff told me the old owners had hiked the price of everyhting in a last ditch attempt to get as much money out of it as possible. I guess this has been continued. However it has been getting a more expensive airport gradually over the last decade.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stansted prices have always been high, there's very little to no competition. It's probably my closest but I tend to favour Luton now.

You can get a train which runs straight into the airport though. I've done that a few times from Peterborough.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
can highly recommend 'Ardent Parking' its off site but they take you and your group by minibus to the drop off point, and then on return when you collect your luggage you call them and they will be waiting at the pick up point by the time you get down there, we've used them loads of times and its often a hell of alot cheaper then parking at stanstead airport!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, Why not fly from your favourite Birmingham?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cynic, my favourite is Doncaster actually. I love the way you can see your car from the air and be in it driving home ten minutes later. East Midlands is my nearest, Birmingham a bit further afield but still under an hour away. However, since I'm flying to Salzburg on a weekday I'm saddled with Ryanair from Stanstead, no other choice.

cbowls30, Ardent Parkins is the cheapest I can find at £43. There are some 'meet and greet' services for around £60 which is still cheaper than the on-site (but still a bus ride away) mid or long-stay parking.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.
snow report
queen bodecia, thought i might have a discount code and bingo here it is ,50% off with http://www.ilovemeetandgreet.co.uk/ code BT1350 book by 28 Feb
snow report
queen bodecia wrote:
Cynic, my favourite is Doncaster actually.

Mine too! But I've only been from there twice. Nobody goes to anywhere I want to go. Crystal do, allegedly, but never seem to have enough flights . Unless you book months ahead they seem to have sold out. Other than that, ski destinations are thin on the ground from there.
snow conditions
Not flown from Stansted in years but this looks interesting

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/parking/chelmsford/stansted-airport/
ski holidays
Hey radar is that code only for use once or can we all have a bit of it, I'm driving and parking at Stansted in a couple of weeks, half price valet parking sounds good. If not, anyone got experience of Ardent Parkins meet and greet service, is it okay?
latest report
Kaiser846, I'm pretty sure you can all have a bit of it!
snow conditions
jonm wrote:
Not flown from Stansted in years but this looks interesting

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/parking/chelmsford/stansted-airport/

We use this every time for stansted and it always works, we have always paid £5 per day.
latest report
queen bodecia, Last time I flew from Stansted, I parked on the street in Stansted Mountfitchet and got the train one stop to the airport. About £5 return. No issues as long as you are sensible where you park.
snow conditions
radar, result! £27.50! Are you sure it is kosher?
snow conditions
queen bodecia, yes I booked with them myself for my next trip. Met them at a trade show, new company just on a year old trying to create awareness.
latest report
Meet and Greet for 30.00 for a week parking in Stansted! Unbelievable!

(still can use 14% discount code BTCPG on www.parkandgo.co.uk Wink )
latest report
I also used Tesco Vouchers to pay for meet and greet parking at Stansted when we went skiing last year
snow report
Stansted have always been expensive to park and as results give a choice won't fly there which is a pity as it's not a bad airport.
latest report
I'm flying out of Stansted in January. As it's a 06:25 flight and I live 2 hours drive away I'm stopping in the Premier Inn the night before. They do deals which include parking. The price varies depending on (obviously) number of days parking and also what night you are stopping but I think it's worth it from my point of view. HTH
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've learned my lesson, no Stanstead for me this year, sticking with Birmingham and Manchester, much nearer and cheaper parking.
latest report
queen bodecia, check out parkatmyhouse.com there is a guy only minutes from terminal and rates are very good. Sorry I can't remember his exact name but shouldn't be difficult to find. Parking in the grounds of his house, plenty of room and very good drop off/pick up service.
latest report
Stansted is not expensive and in any case, is £40 difference going to make much difference to the price of a holiday? If it's closed and more convenient then why would you not sacrifice £40 for convenience rather than travelling further to a different airport.

I've never found it expensive, either, guess it depends how long in advance you book.
snow conditions
It's normally about £6 a day in the long stay with a very efficient bus service - can't see the problem with that myself Puzzled
latest report
I used to work at STN and yes it's got a lot more expensive over the years. Recently they've started charging £2 just to drop people off outside the terminal, same as the pick-up charge they've did before that. You can drop off/pick up for free at the mid-stay carpark and get the free shuttle, but they don't really advertise it that well to be honest.

I live a 10 min drive from the airport. So I'm rather tempted to rent out my driveway to any snowheads who want it. £5 a day?
Local train station 8 min walk, or local bus from end of the road. Or you may even get a lift to/from the airport if I'm not working.

Any takers?
latest report
edde wrote:
they've started charging £2 just to drop people off outside the terminal

I know, that's bloody crazy. You can be 10 seconds and that's £2. Madness.
latest report
My brother lives 15 miles from Stanstead airport but the taxi fares were extortionate (i.e. a lot more than the parking). I went with the Purple Parking special offer last season, cost me £27.50 for 6 days which wasn't bad but still doesn't compare to the £18.60 for 10 days parking at Brum.
latest report
There is loads of free parking at Stanstead.

You just need to have a private jet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy