Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vonn says conditions weren't safe when she injured her knee

Poster: A snowHead
Lindsey Vonn has said she hopes future race juries at major championships will be more mindful of athletes’ safety than the one that officiated over the race she crashed in. She has said of the conditions in the women’s super-G on February 5 at the world alpine championships in Schladming, Austria: “...when I was skiing, I couldn’t believe the conditions. The snow was too soft. It had broken down. I didn’t think it was safe.”...The FIS is considering a rule change for dealing with delayed races following the disputed race.
See: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/02/22/vonn-rehab-knee-criticizes-race-officials/1939555/ and http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/story/_/id/8956688/international-ski-federation-considers-rule-change-delayed-ski-races
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A nasty crash for Lindsey but how many other racers crashed that day? Man up Lindsey.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure about the safety of the run, others did the course and got down ok, I am however concerned that they ran a race so late in the day when it was fairly unlikely that all taking part would actually get to start
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should Vonn have been given the gold medal anyway I'm sure Chilton would agree?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She did not complain about conditions at Lake Louise where she won despite diabolical visibility for the majority of the race which involved another skier being flagged and having to re-run! Plus the jury actually ended the race after the mandatory 30 finishers were through, enough for the result to stand!

Whinging to an ignorant audience again!

Cynic, did you read this blog then? http://bostonblickbild.blogspot.de/2013_01_01_archive.html wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhpas she can just wee wee OFF
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, that's what I'm telling from day 1 already. It was dangerous, she had bad conditions, that jump was too dangerous to be skied etc. Yes skiing is dangerous sport, but noone forced you to go down. And next to that.... how many skiers crashed on that jump? 5? 10? 20? Oh no, it was just one. Well... bad luck.
PS: Another one about "bad conditions" she had...
This is unedited (just resized and watermarked) photo of Vonn:

And this is same unedited (also just resized and watermarked) photo of Maze... same gate, just few minutes earlier:

You can see Vonn really had bad bad conditions, much worse then other skiers had.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many will put this down to the wildly stereotyped american ethos of "it's always someone elses fault". However the fact remains that Super G is just too dangerous full stop.

There definitely needs to be some rule changes; was talking with this guy on the internet who's world number 1 in ski racing expertise and he suggested;

lengthening the skis
increasing the turn radius
removing the aerodynamic suites
flattening out large jumps
practice runs like in downhill
under suite body armour
rubber stoppers on pole ends
making avalanche airbags manditory

or, alternatively sitting all super-G racers down on the first day and explain in no uncertain terms that this is a dangerous sport and you are doing it because you want to.... i don't know this Vonn lady but I can't imagine it was her first Super-G race, wasn't it on TV and everything.

At the very least maybe she won't still be seeking legal advice to challenge the men next year ! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dulcamara wrote:
i don't know this Vonn lady but I can't imagine it was her first Super-G race, wasn't it on TV and everything.

At the very least maybe she won't still be seeking legal advice to challenge the men next year ! :

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dulcamara wrote:
However the fact remains that Super G is just too dangerous full stop.

Actually quite the opposite... most of guys (on WC at least) are complaining that SG races are getting too slow and too GS like... which actually current results pretty much support. Just take Ligety for example and think how many chances he would have on real SG... zero Wink So nowadays SG races are really a little bit faster GS, and only difference is, that most of GS races are held on injected courses, while most of SG races are held on non-injected DH courses, and are therefore more dangerous (believe it or not, racing non-injected course brings much bigger risk then when racing on injected ones).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lindsey does not share your sentiment
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lindsey is well fit
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LIindsey's sister had a few things to say about the course conditions in Schladming. http://bostonblickbild.blogspot.com/2013/02/lindsey-vonn-blames-course-conditions.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hahaha excellent, the swiss have a sense of humour! who knew?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boardiac wrote:
lindsey is well fit

This is the mist important part.
snow report
Filthyphil30k, this is true, but I can't think like that, it's not fair!

Honestly, a question to all beatiful women, does it not bother you that you will never know if you really are funny or interesting?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy