Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Snowmaking is the most dangerous part of skiing"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This brilliant and compelling piece by Jennifer Kabat concerns the dangerous alien work of snowmakers in the dead of night. It deserves a wider airing ...

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/23/snowmaking_is_the_most_dangerous_part_of_skiing_partne/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really? I thought it was overly long, boring and not well written.

Each to their own.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I question the logic of this piece. Coal mining is the most dangerous part of sitting by your fire?

Are they really that backward in the USA that they don't have safe working practices? I see that they persist in using the funny old Fahrenheit system which was proved to be wrong more than 150 years ago in its assumptions about absolute zero. I was thrown by the idea of snowmaking at 23 degrees - that's shorts weather.

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank god for the super fast scroll button on my mouse rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, it's longer than a tweet. 4800 words, in fact.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In non 3rd World countries surely it is all plumbed in? A chap wearing a beret and smoking a Gauloise in a chic shed just presses a button and monitors some gauges. A quick shrug when some piles of snow are made for the pistuers to spread.

I suppose the land of guns and Marlboro like to over dramatise things.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Filthyphil30k, I rather agree. Overly dramatised, tedious, and, I suspect, of dubious accuracy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yup I reckon avalanche control is probably the cause of more fatalities to resort staff whilst doing a specific job.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Filthyphil30k, I rather agree. Overly dramatised, tedious, and, I suspect, of dubious accuracy.

Dubious?

Just plain wrong, more like, in certain respects.

Such as the claim that you can't make snow if the temperature is above 25 (Fahrenheit) - even in the USA, the charts all say that you can make snow at up to 35F if the humidity is low enough.

And others suggest it can occasionally be even higher ( up to 6C according to Wikipedia).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney wrote:
And others suggest it can occasionally be even higher ( up to 6C according to Wikipedia).

You can make snow at any temp......

http://www.ide-tech.com/refrigeration-and-heating/snow-machines
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Yes, it's longer than a tweet. 4800 words, in fact.

Contains about the same amount of information as a tweet though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy