Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo female investigating possibilites for w/c 16th or 17th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I've always gone on solo trips with Mark Warner, and it's been brilliant thanks to the ski hosting. Obviously they've stopped doing it now, so I'm just looking into other possibilities.

Ideally I want to go to Val d'Isere or Tignes but would consider anywhere.

I've been Googling solo ski trips, but a lot seem to be about 'single' rather than solo, and I'm not looking for romance!!

I'm female, and an OK skier. Happy on reds and 'normal' blacks (I love Face, for example). Don't mind steeps and moguls, but prefer it when they aren't combined.

I also like a few beers Toofy Grin

Any ideas welcomed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at Hells Bells' thread, where you may be able to hook up with other snowheads in the absence of ski hosting.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98245
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piccadilly, there's a few of us in Serre Chevalier that week. Staying in either Chalet Charlotte with Ski Miquel or Hotel Plein Sud with Inghams. We're staying in our own apartment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays.html#4Piccadilly,

The trip above is coaching based rather than hosting, but quite a few solos are going (including me) and there are at least 4 snowHeads.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, thank you for the offer, much appreciated! I know lots of people love Serre Che, but I just wasn't a huge fan of the place. As I've said before, it's probably changed hugely since I was last there about 14 years ago, but that's the memory I have..

Iski, I would absolutely LOVE to do that, but after adding up the cost it comes to well over £1k for the week, which is rather more than I was hoping to spend Embarassed. Sounds fantastic though, thanks for the suggestion/offer! I won't rule it out..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Piccadilly, UCPA? Might be worth a look see. And some centres have double rooms which mean you don't have to share if you don't want to.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rishie, hmmm .. that's kind of the other end of the spectrum. Basically I'm looking to pay about £800-£850 all in (HB hotel, flights, ski carriage, transfers, lift pass). I'm going to start sounding like right fussy cow!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piccadilly, I hope you find something you like. It's not cheap, but not too bad for me as I got my flights through using Avios. I also wanted to do it last year but couldn't because I was still teaching then.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Piccadilly,

I'm looking for exact same thing - hoping to go to some high resort in the 1st or 2nd week of March, or beginning of April and spend under £1k in total (considering UCPA, but also a bit reluctant to stay in a dorm).

FYI, here's another option similar to the Dolomites trip with Inside Out above: http://www.adventurebash.com/group-ski-holidays/March-Ski-BASH. It's still above £1k in total, and I'm not sure you can do those dates...

If you find any other trips/groups where one more person is needed, I'd be grateful for the info! Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also UCPA in Chamonix has some twin rooms available for a small supplement, and they still have places available for w/c 16th March. Would you be interested in sharing a room?

Here are dates and prices: http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/resorts/winter/chamonix/dates-prices

Let me know!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow_girl wrote:
Also UCPA in Chamonix has some twin rooms available for a small supplement, and they still have places available for w/c 16th March.

According to the Action Outdoors office there're no twin rooms left in UCPA Cham that weekend sadly Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snow_girl, I think I may end up doing a Mark Warner, but I'll happily let you know the details if you want to go to the same place and meet up! Val d'Isere or Tignes are my first choices. They are doing an Espace Killy lift pass deal for 17th March (buy one, get one half price) which is really worth having! Obvs both people would then get a discount.

Price is likely to be about £800 all in, including the discounted lift pass.

ps the Adventure Bash thing on the 16th is full...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Hells Bells, thank you for the offer, much appreciated! I know lots of people love Serre Che, but I just wasn't a huge fan of the place. As I've said before, it's probably changed hugely since I was last there about 14 years ago, but that's the memory I have..

I doubt you'd find it the same. Very different resort than in 1999.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the help everyone, I've gone for the Moris in Val. Costing me a bit more than I wanted to spend but what the hell, it'll be a massive laugh.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi guys

I am looking for a ski week in Alps from 16th March. Have you already got your group together? I am a female solo skier. Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy