Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poor little guy !!

Poster: A snowHead
Another report of a child being injured... unfortunately from the daily fail !!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282532/Brook-Hill-coma-mown-skier-ski-trip-family.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad

Whilst undoubtedly very sad, and without wishing to detract from the news, some of the comments are of the typically misguided/ill-informed variety one associates with the paper.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow_badger, That's very sad and very unlucky. Hope the little guy pulls through.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeh, the comments at the bottom are always misguided. Really hope he pulls through, along with the other skier involved
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck to the lad. It's a shame but accidents do happen - and let's not pre-judge on the basis of a newspaper report.

Quote: "I do not understand why kids are taken skiing. I think it is so dangerous. A friend of mine went skiing on her first skiing holiday and broke her leg" - a useful addition to the discussion. NOT!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another classic comment "They should split adult and childrens slopes." rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I do not understand why kids are taken skiing. I think it is so dangerous.

Indeed - they should be wrapped in cotton wool and never allowed to climb trees or play on swings. One of my lads broke his arm playing football, I can't beleive I allowed him to take part now.

Honestly some people don't realise that risk taking is an essential part of growing up rolling eyes

Red Leon,
Quote:

It's a shame but accidents do happen

Spot on - wish people would realise that
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is no excuse for reading the daily mail. Not fit to wipe my bum even after a horrific poo.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
enfilade, as if the Mail wasn't already full of unplesant smears.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris wrote:

Honestly some people don't realise that risk taking is an essential part of growing up rolling eyes

Honestly, the society had forgotten life is full of risks! The only certainty is death. Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways,

Laughing

Best wishes to young Brook, hopefully soon to be seen skiing and playing rugby again.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc, ..... and tax
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abc, .......... and nurses!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Risks aren't just part of growing up, they're part of life. These isolated ski tragedies hit the headlines but half a dozen kids every day are killed or seriously injured in road traffic accidents. They are generally not thought to be worth mentioning, except in the local papers. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fingers crossed for a full recovery - poor little guy. Lives quite close to us.
latest report
Very sad. Got to feel for the poor bug who hit him as well.
snow conditions
As a father of two skiing kids, I really hate reading news like this. None the less, we won't be discouraged. If you're going to have fun in life, you're going to take risks. Lots of accidents do happen on playgrounds. I'm actually much more concerned about my daughter's horseback riding. (With good reason, too...) But I don't make a number out of it.

Among the uninformed comments, there seems to be a bit of a lynch mob mentality as well. It seems clear to me that the 27-year old did not have the ability to stop this unfortunate accident from happening, due to his inexperience.

Here's hoping for a full recovery.
snow report
my daughter suffered a broken collar bone falling from a relatively small slide at nursery and a childhood friend suffered brain damage falling from a slide in the local park - there is risk all around us...
latest report
There was a discussion on another thread about people out of control being taught how to bale out. You fling yourself on the floor. This is not just talk - I've done it on a snowboard when I decided I lacked the skill to pass a ski school snake safely and wasn't confident of just stopping, either. I just decked it. It hurt, but only me.
latest report
pam w,

True. You know that and I know that and most SnowHeads know that. I've told my kids to throw themselves flat, if they're not in control. I have even been forced to speed up to my then four year old son and yank his arm to make him fall over.

But, if you're new to the slopes and perhaps even new to snow, the thought of falling over on purpose is probably the farthest thing from your mind, especially when you're out of control and panicking.
snow conditions
Quote:
I do not understand why kids are taken skiing. I think it is so dangerous. A friend of mine went skiing on her first skiing holiday and broke her leg

I fell out of bed once and broke a bone in my hand. Beds should be banned. rolling eyes

Feel sorry for the little guy and the one who took him out. Hope they are both back on the slopes next season.
snow report
A skiing holiday has elements of danger. As well as collisions there are the risks associated with being in a high mountain environment - I am always amazed, but people sometimes don't see that.
Hope he recovers soon. I can't imagine what I would feel if it was my child. I know my kids enjoy it so much, but I do encourage them! There are inherent dangers and you can't escape from that. I hope he recovers well!
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
...poor little guy. Lives quite close to us.

Puzzled rolling eyes Toofy Grin
snow report
The lad is making some encouraging progress, it seems - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/beingthereforbrookie
snow report
agw, that's really good to hear. snowHead
ski holidays
Years ago, friends had a lad knocked down by a hit and run driver in Nairobi. He was unconscious for some time, and quite disabled for weeks after he was discharged from hospital - his speech and movements were very "spastic". He made a complete recovery. He always had a thing about trains and is now a senior railway engineer.
snow report
jasmck159,

+1

also.... I go by the rule..... I am risk aware.. not risk averse...
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
agw, that's really good to hear. snowHead

+1

keeping my fingers crossed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
as per agw's link - things are still looking up. Fingers still crossed.
ski holidays
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/beingthereforbrookie

looking much more positive now Very Happy

and well done Airbus and O2

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/local-chester-news/2013/03/07/family-of-injured-cheshire-schoolboy-brook-hill-helped-by-generous-airbus-gesture-59067-32936155/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy