Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoiding busy times in France for a mellow group (March 9th or 16th)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking at putting together a trip for a few skiing cruisers, have 3 already up for it. Looking at staying in Boug and then skiing different resorts each day Les Arcs, Tignes, La Rosiere, Ste Foy etc. Will have transport as a 2 are driving down, 1 flying from Bristol to Grenoble.

Question is which week is best for avoiding the French holidays ? We are either going to go March 9th or the 16th for a week. I know different regions do different school holiday dates etc, but this year seems even more confusing as UK dates were totally different from French dates. So which week is best for avoiding school dates ? Thankyou in advance for any replies and if you are 35ish to 45ish, ski 10am til 4pm and want a hassle free week of cruising then drop me a line. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you go out the 16th you will be avoiding the French school hols altogether.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89192
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK, that's great news so 16th March it is !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes sure it is more quiet after the 16th
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and for empty pistes lunch at 12.00 and then ski empty pistes until 2 whilst the French each theirs Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the french are very serious about their food Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep.
Got week booked off and ticket punched.
South coast based bloke in 45ish category fit intermediate skiier (reds with occasional black but prefer not to).
Meet anywhere, share driving, whatever.
Might try and get son interested (24 but extra mature and has done a season boarding).
Regards,
Jonathan.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi JPH, I've been let down by a few guys and we were planniong to go on the 16th. I live down in Kent and would be happy to hook up with you guys. I am mid forties can ski most stuff but have mellowed down with age but still fit.

I too can drive down if needed and have done so lots of time mainly Chamonix/ Alp D'huez. Happy to fall in with your plans.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi everyone, I'm just confirming our current group (of now 7) can all commit to the 16th. I'm just ensuring that all can make that date, then I'm going to book the MGM apartments in Bourg for that week, I'm booking the big apartment they have so sleeps 12 but I wouldn't want anymore than 10 as we are all grown ups not students! Will update on details asap. At the moment it's one couple and one single lady that I know, a friend of a friend that I don't know (also female) and 2 blokes I know a little bit through work. Everyone is between 36 and 42 with abilities from crap to beyond me. Three / Four are driving (2 seperate routes / cars), and the rest are flying Exeter to Chambery and Bristol to Grenoble with a plan of all getting to Bourg under their own steam during the course of the Sat / Sun. Once everyone says "yes" to the 16th it's game on all systems go!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Guys, I am definately available for the 16th and can arrange to hook up and share the cost with one of the guys motoring down, or if people need a further vehicle I have a new 4 wheel drive ready to go from Kent.

Hi JPH I have PM'ed my details to you

Gor

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 27-02-13 21:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Count me in (+son likely if/when he gets his tax rebate through - buggered if I'm paying for him again now he's better than me Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone, just send me a personal message from here with your details and I will give you a call.

Just waiting on one last person to commit which I should hear from by tomorrow eve.

Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Loads of brit kids with parents avoiding proper holiday periods Unfortunately
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How do I send you a personal message?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonnoturner, Hover over the 'user' status under the name until you see 'send a PM to jph123' then click. Or use Send/Read Messages in the top right corner of the page. Smile
snow report
Hi JPH, any news?
ski holidays
have you now filled all the places ?
snow conditions
jph123,
hello, can i ask if all the places are taken ?

cheers Martin
latest report
Is there an update on the resort, group members, etc.?

I am an advanced skiier & beginner snowboarding looking for a trip. Flexible w. dates.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy