Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who or what really irritate you on the mountain?

Poster: A snowHead
French tossers who pull the cover down on the chair and then light up. I did my bit for Anglo - French relationships by raising the cover. Well it was only about a -20 blizzard at the time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Isn't there a thread already somewhere about that ?

Anybody who does not fill in the lifts
People who flick their cigarette butt/throw their wrapping paper anywhere on the mountain
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Other people, on my piste.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic wrote:
But really knowing that red bull are always running high fuel and that Vettel will have another walk over until the 2014 season when the basic chassis and engine configuration changes: irittates me most

Top Gear F1 drivers lap. LH kicked ass last week. 1.1 seconds quicker than Vettel. He might be OK in the Merc if it is within a second of the RB Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thornyhill, At some races 2012 the MB was two seconds slower than RB, for LH to be 1.1 in front it means a gain of 3 seconds in a car which they agree lacks downforce and assuming that RB have stood still: I'm sorry but that is simply imposible in a sport of hundredths of a second and it will be the same old story once the gloves are off, Vettel by a country mile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thornyhill, At some races 2012 the MB was two seconds slower than RB, for LH to be 1.1 in front it means a gain of 3 seconds in a car which they agree lacks downforce and assuming that RB have stood still: I'm sorry but that is simply imposible in a sport of hundredths of a second and it will be the same old story once the gloves are off, Vettel by a country mile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu wrote:
kooky, Trust me, I've done all the winter tyre threads! But there is only so much fun a straight man can have with black rubber. Toofy Grin

Does that mean gay men have more fun with black rubber than straight men?! lol x
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski lifts ruining a otherwise perfect view
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
People who get through the lift pass barriers and THEN choose to wait for their friends, obstructing loading onto the lift.
The scraping noise of a snowboarder behind me - and not being able to locate where the noise is coming from exactly.
People who light up on chairlifts when I don't have the option to move...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bad queue manners is the most common irritation but the thing that makes me nearly loose my temper are those who ski too close to others on a piste. 18 inches is not clearance enough at any speed. I do actually loose my temper at those who hit the kids I am with.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bad queue manners is the most common irritation but the thing that makes me nearly loose my temper are those who ski too close to others on a piste. 18 inches is not clearance enough at any speed. I do actually loose my temper at those who hit the kids I am with.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
collins,
Quote:

People who get through the lift pass barriers and THEN choose to wait for their friends, obstructing loading onto the lift.

+1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Parents who grind to a halt just in front of me ushering their children down a narrow icy run. Snowboarders do it too, but they don't make the same scary noise!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boarders
people who wait until the barriers and then get the lift map out
boarders
English people, who seem as a majority to be unable to talk without everyone hearing their conversation
boarders
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"•Anyone clicking their ski poles together at people slower than them expecting them to move out of their way."

never, ever heard that - came as new info. that anyone did it. Is this common place?

Standee, +1 .... and don't forget boarders.

If anyone clatters me in a ski queue I just lift them up and propel them over the rope. Sometimes I'm lucky and there's a steep drop off - most amusing.

J2R, me too, don't do it again, alright?
snow report
Skiers / Snowboarders who get totally tanked up at night, causing all sorts of problems but then the next day they are as meek as mice in the lift line and complain about people pushing and shoving. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Millions of identical traverse lines all 1m apart from one another completely ruining the top third of a slope. Even worse when it's a really short hike to the top of the slope in question.

Everything else I'm pretty relaxed about but the above is so fecking stupid.
snow report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
"•Anyone clicking their ski poles together at people slower than them expecting them to move out of their way."

never, ever heard that - came as new info. that anyone did it. Is this common place?

Less than it used to be, I think. I'd interpret it as an "I'm here" signal rather than "get out of my way" - like car horns are used in some places.
latest report
The way most restaurant toilets are downstairs. And those stairs are narrow and slippy.
ski holidays
Quote:

English people, who seem as a majority to be unable to talk without everyone hearing their conversation

And why is it only Brits who ski with their jackets undone?
latest report
Swissie, I don't. And I've never noticed this. Then, again, I don't spend my time staring at other people's zips Shocked .
latest report
maggi, Neither do I and its usually teenage boys, but they're hard to miss coming down the slopes like flying bats.
snow conditions
Swissie wrote:
like flying bats.

That sounds like a perfect description of junior Laughing
latest report
musher, Laughing
latest report
People opening chair lift safety bars hundreds of meters before the exit - ideally next to sign indicating to not open the bar yet...(presumably because they are of a somewhat nervous disposition and can't cope with the thought of opening the safety upon entry into the exit area and then swiftly exiting without delay...)
latest report
Henry's and Henrietta's
snow report
schneeflocke, maybe they are colour-blind so see the strip of red LEDs as green LEDs, before they change to green at the point you're supposed to open the bar? (or just stupid/impatient)
ski holidays
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

Lots of people (myself included) do it on flat narrow cat tracks, just as a 'I'm here' or 'coming along the side, please don't cut across yet' (usually while halfway up the slope at the edge of the track, rather than somewhere a snowplougher might need to turn into) kinda thing, a bit like a bike bell. Always thought of it as a safety thing rather than being rude.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 25-02-13 18:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
People who bring the bar down on the chairlift as fast as they can without looking to see if others on the chair are ready, cracking people hard on the head.
ski holidays
clarky999, +1, normal I thought too
snow report
DB, Laughing agreed, and also lifting barrier up with 50m still to go, woah!
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
DB, Laughing agreed, and also lifting barrier up with 50m still to go, woah!

Especially scary when you've got a pack on and are closer to the edge!
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Henry's and Henrietta's
Henry's and Henrietta's what?
ski holidays
The people who didn't fill the empty spaces on the St Martin 2 chair last week, while there was a 1/2 queue behind them!

The people who didn't think to put a six man chair at St Martin 2 ... mind you people would have to use the spaces, so maybe a 4 man is ok ....

Thinking about it, anywhere other than the 3V's a 30 minute queue at half term would be acceptable/expected.

Sorry to sink to the levels of this post!
latest report
Quote:

Thinking about it, anywhere other than the 3V's a 30 minute queue at half term would be acceptable/expected.

No it wouldn't Puzzled
ski holidays
Quote:

Lots of people (myself included) do it on flat narrow cat tracks, just as a 'I'm here' or 'coming along the side, don't please cut across yet' (usually while half up the slope at the edge of the track, rather than somewhere a snowplougher might need to turn into) kinda thing, a bit like a bike bell. Always thought of it as a safety thing rather than being rude.

My thoughts exactly. It's just a reminder that someone is behind and ..... 'please don't turn without warning or looking uphill first'
snow report
Quote:
Snowboarders who grind to a halt just behind me when I'm ushering children down a narrow icy run. Skiers do it too, but they don't make the same scary noise!
Quote:
It's just a reminder that someone is behind

Jus' letting you know we're back here, baby Toofy Grin
ski holidays
clarky999, Fairy Nuff. Makes sense. I prob. have heard it and just dismissed it as kit clattering together. On the other hand, I tend not to hang around so maybe no one has ever felt inclined to do it to me Little Angel If I want to do that I generally go with 'op-op-op-op-op-op' a la the Austrian downhill supporters - seemed a genre relevant way of doing it to me.

Richard_Sideways, +1 - I find a nice, bracing wave of fluffy snow or shaved ice always helps to make the point ....

tbh it is that 'failure to take the ski lift seat in front of you' that really does my nut in. I once watched a crew of four people stand in the gates blocking everything for 6-7 'turn's just so one person could catch up and sit with them. People were trying to get them to move and they just ignored everyone. I assume they were local morons since the chair lift attendant disappeared whilst this all played itself out.
snow conditions
People who hand out cards with skiing codes 8 rules to idiots in lift queues

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 25-02-13 19:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
Henry's and Henrietta's
Henry's and Henrietta's what?
Smile Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy