Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of season ski trip clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Am off to the Alps at the beginning of April for a week and hope that we are blessed with some nice and warm spring weather.

In terms of clothing would you recommend;

a. A lightweight base layer, thin fleece and shell jacket (fleece to be removed from equation if very warm) or
b. A lightweight base layer, thin fleece and hooded softshell (such as NF Summit Series) again wth fleece removed if very warm.

Really want to try and cut back on amount of clothing for this trip so any advice / thoughts / experiences gratefully received.

All the best

Griggs Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Griggs, I go every Easter to L2A and for the last 2 years have gone for your option A (inc shell trousers). Don't be fooled though it can get pretty cold still.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Griggs, I'd go for option A - you need a waterproof outer layer. It might rain. Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's a waterproof soft shell, either/or, makes little difference. Summit Series likely means goretex, and goretex soft shells (NOT windstopper) are actually just soft-feeling hard shells.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Griggs, Deffo A. The law of sod says it will rain if you only have B.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would be taking what I normally take. Puzzled

It can be lovely and super warm, but it can still be quite wintery. It can also rain quite high up.

Thankfully, I'll be driving.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Griggs, lf you ski off piste you will be warmer than on due to average speed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Option 'a' is what I'm wearing at the moment in the Dolomites. What should I wear for the Esob?!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire, Budgie smugglers Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

Many thanks for the input. Option A it is then - trusty Eider Gore-tex shell out of the cupboard and dusted off !!

Griggs
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy