Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended childcare / Nurseries (in-resort)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Since having our first bundle of joy arrive 18-months ago, we've done pretty well to fit in a few ski trips. So far, we've stuck with Mark Warner package holidays to take advatange of their in-house childcare facilities (which I'm happy to report have been excellent).

However, it would be nice to be able to organise some DIY trips, rather than be confined to package holidays - but this leaves us with the obvious issue of finding good local childcare. So does anyone have any recommendations for in-resort childcare/nurseries?

We're flexible on resorts/countries - but have to confess that Morzine and Tignes are two of our favourites, so any pointers/recommendations for these two, would be great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not Morzine but one village down in Les Gets there is Les Fripouilles (http://en.lesgets.com/les-fripouilles-nursery-308.html). My two year old has spent about four weeks there over the past two seasons and is always happy to go. They're also good for arranging babysitting through should you wish some evenings out.

The Les Gets website is good for finding self catering apartments as well should you not wish to go down the catered chalet route.

*Edited for bad spelling

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 19-02-13 15:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a few nanny companies who might cover those resorts such as;
Merinannies
Snow Angel Nannies
Jellyand Ice-Cream
KiwiOzNannies

I don't really know that much about any of them such as what services they offer, how much they cost but do know that their names sometimes don't tell the full story as to which resorts they cover so the might be worth you looking further into.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh, if you're interested in nannies as well then we've used Cheeky Monkeys, who are based in Morzine and were happy with the nanny provided. She looked after the 16 month old in chalet and picked up the 3 year old from ski school, gave them lunch, played games, took them to the playground etc etc etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MeMyselfandI, thanks for the info.

Thanks marcellus. Spotted some of these mentioned on other sites - so if anyone has any first-hand recommendation/experiences of these, that would be great.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've "used" Miss Poppins in Les Gets once. That was decent.

Elsewhere I can recommend Snowbugs in the 3Vs.

As for being 'confined' to package holidays, I've never felt especially imprisoned when using Ski Magic in La Tania - and their childcare is second to none both for quality and price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Piehole .... nowt wrong with package holidays - I quite like what companies such as Mark Warner offer, and their childcare is excellent.

When I used the word 'confined' - I meant being confined to a 7-night holiday. I quite like my short-stay/long-weekend ski trips, which usually means organising DIY.

[edited for spelling]
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am a mature qualified nanny who lives in Morzine all year round. Be happy to chat if you would like me to go through anything with you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy