Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go in 2014? Skiing Dad, 6 year old snowplougher and Non-Skiing Mum

Poster: A snowHead
patricksh,
Quote:

Don't rule out self catering either, saves money and will keep Mum busy (!!)

So glad you added the !!
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowyowl, was only half joking...
ski holidays
 andy_devon_uk
andy_devon_uk
Anywhere in Austria with spa facilities, buses to close & larger towns for shopping, a decent hotel that all 3 of you can relax and enjoy within. No doubt your wife will want to people watch with some class, which rules out lots of places. St Anton maybe? Other options are Pyrenees or spa towns in France such as Brides les Bain. Good luck Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all the suggestions. My wife eventually decided that my son and I could go without her and she would do somewhere warn wih a friend. I whittled it down to a choice between Mark Warner and Esprit as I felt it would be better to go with someone who offered comprehensive childcare. The lack of flights from Scotland offered by MW eventually tipped it in favour of Esprit. The added benefit of Esprit is they offer some good solo parent rates that mean no under occupancy supplements d you still get the full child discount. The upshot is I have booked the Ducs de Savoie in Val d'Isère for 9/2/14. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gaza. I've been to Ducs with Esprit last year and the year before. Great skiing and hotel is fine. There's normally one or two lone parents with kids at Esprit chalets, often for the same reason as you. Esprit work out a seating plan and in my experience tend to sit the same people together all week. So you'll get to know people at dinner/have people to chat to. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Take your swim stuff. val has a great pool.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've also been to Ducs with Esprit and we liked it enough to go twice! Esprit are great with kids and my daughter always loved Snow Club after the ski lessons.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks binkacat and J9. I'm not expectig luxury but hopefully the Ducs is clean and the food will be reasonable.

My wife spend a freezing afternnon at Midlothian Ski Centre today with my son while I was in the village pub watching Scotland v Wales and Ireland v France and I think it reinforced her view that trying to spend a week somewhre cold would not be fun. Shock
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gaza, not a good move Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah wrote:
Gaza, not a good move Sad

Care to expand further?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gaza, maybe Sarah meant that sitting in a warm pub and sending your wife out to a cold ski centre wasn't a good move. If I was your wife and didn't like getting cold and had no interest in skiing I might have told you that if watching the rugby was more important to you than having some quality time taking your son skiing you could stuff the idea of a family ski holiday. Maybe she had a justifiable suspicion that she'd spend the whole week child-minding while you boogered off skiing, or to watch another match?

And you lost. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gaza, exactly what pam w said, sorry for any misunderstanding, just that I thought you were trying to encourage your wife to skiing so possibly not the best move to send her to stand in the cold watching the little man whilst you went to the pub?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarah/Pam you both missed the point. My wife had already agreed that my son and I could go skiing together before today. I had fully intended to take my son to his lessons but knowing I would have missed the 6 Nations games being played today my wife said she would take him. The fact it was cold and miserable reinforced her decision that spending a week in a ski resort was not a good idea.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gaza, You've got a gem there, look after her!
snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaza, You're right, sorry I had missed that your wife had decided not to go at all, I thought you were still trying to work out a solution for all 3 of you to go. It's a real shame if it's just the cold putting her off as it doesn't have to be so Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gaza, if you've completely given up the idea of ever having a family ski trip, then I suppose reinforcing her convictions was a price worth paying for being able to sit in the pub watching Scotland lose.
(I am Welsh, by the way.....) wink
ski holidays
Late season it's often warm enough to sit out sunbathing on a terrace with a book. You should try and get your wife out for an end-of-season long weekend, it would change her mind.
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
Late season it's often warm enough to sit out sunbathing on a terrace with a book. You should try and get your wife out for an end-of-season long weekend, it would change her mind.
+1
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy