Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2013, Trip report for half term

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman,

Why do you think he can't post the video yet wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Those Minimums are getting too good at breaking snowHeads. I have now received counselling and will attempt round two next year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from the Apres bar, hic wink, will post a short report later as we are packing to go back home... Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for this thread. For me, this is what snowHeads is all about.

Such a lot of fun shared.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like you all had a great week. Have a safe trip home.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

we are packing to go back home...

packing to go home is not much fun, is it? Your week seems to have gone very quickly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum and Minimums, I really enjoyed reading your adventures on this report! Sounds like you've had a brilliant time! Have a safe trip home! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

we are packing to go back home...

packing to go home is not much fun, is it? Your week seems to have gone very quickly.

Yes the week has gone far to fast, next year we'll hopefully back for more!!! snowHead Thank you all for wishing us a safe trip home, it was very nice of you! Very Happy

Today we had our last run down from the Achter Jet, Minimum_2 and I bombed down really fast nearer the bottom of the run, and at the top of the run we did lots of fun skiing just off the edge of the piste.
For lunch we stopped at the Auhofalm again and had chicken, ribs and chips, which were delicious, then for dessert we had Kaiserschmarrn! I think that it is the best restaurant on the mountain!!! Very Happy

Once again I would just like to thank Scarpa and kooky for skiing with us, and all of you SH's out there for reading and replying to this thread.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Minimum_1! you missed out the apres bar action!
As well as the usual singing and dancing a group at the next table invited me to knock over (domino style) miniatures of Jagermeister into glasses part filled with Red Bull making a Jagerbomb. I managed to knock over all ten bottles into the glasses in one knock and I got a lound cheer. Megamum who claims not to like Jagermeister was offered a glass and swigged at least half of the cup before giving it to FraserP. It was Megamum's first Jagerbomb but probably not her last! wink

Back to the skiing. This morning we went down the Rote 8er (recommended by Kooky) good natural snow and a hint of fresh stuff in some places. There was the compulsory gluhwein for Megamum at the half way station. Toofy Grin

After lunch which minimum_1 told you about we skied the Acterjet side of the hill for the rest of the day.

I've had aa great time this holiday but now we have to go home. Sad
Hope we come here next year Smile
Scarpa you had better watch out! wink Very Happy Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, great trip report! Very Happy Have a safe journey home.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Minimum_1, Minimum_2, great reports. I'm so pleased you had such a good time. Have a safe trip home x
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really enjoyed your TR MegaMiniGang, have a good trip home Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kooky you were correct, the rote8er did ski much better first thing this morning Very Happy There was a light dusting of fresh in most places, but sections of that run appeared to have had a couple of inches, it wasn't constant, but occasionally you rounded a corner and there was thin blanket of fresh just waiting to be skied.

We finished off our last lunch with the kids favourite meal of rottiserie chicken and ribs in the Auhofalm followed by Kaiserschmarmn. It's a lovely bar/restaurant half way down the reds under the flying mozart lift and I would recommend it to anyone coming out here - fabulous quality facilities, friendly staff and great food - self service and restaurant and the best rest rooms on the mountain IMHO. (Though on the whole the places we have been to last year and this do seem to have those facilities sussed, all varying from good to superb which is a huge plus when you have kids who like things like that to be nice and clean). Today we got complimentary Williams shots and sweets for the kids today as we had been in regularly this week. Very Happy

Lots of interesting action in the umbrella bar near the Achterjet tonight. A tray of B52's burning with a pale blue flame, drunks standing on the bar, myself being welcomed to cement Anglo-German relations with three mature men from Frankfurt Shocked, and as mentioned above fighting to avoid causing offence when the party of young chaps behind me slapped a Jagerbomb into my hand Laughing Where is Kooky when I need her?!! Honestly Minimum_2's face was a picture - he had sat enthralled as the bar staff set up the Jagermeister topple - carefully balancing all the little green bottles above the glasses, the chaps who had ordered it spotted his interest and, as he describes above, invited him to start the topple, with a bit of encouragement from me that he really could do so, he gamely reached over and pushed the first one - every bottle went down to a huge cheer and his face......well.......you had to be there Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mega and Minimums, what an excellent TR snowHead I've really enjoyed reading this (and seeing pics of Scarpa's crash Toofy Grin ). It's just what a family holiday should be, and lovely to hear from the minis (who write so well) too. snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+1 - a real pleasure to read. snowHead
snow conditions
Minimums, I hope you share your lunch or you'll be turning into balloons. Austrian portions for a main and kaiserschmarrn is impressive tucking away action!

I'm like Megamum, not a fan of Jaegermeister or red bull but will happily slug a jäger bomb or two.
snow report
hammerite, All back home now Sad Just been going through photos and videos Very Happy Yes, I completely agree about Austrian portions, we found two plates of main and 4 sets of cutlery and one Kaiserschmarmn between 4 was quite sufficient to feed all 4 of us, making lunch for 4 including pudding come in at around 28 Euros, which I think was very good value to feed 4 of us each day for lunch, and sometimes it came in at less than that if we had Goulash soup and rolls.
snow report
Megamum, (plus the minis) Enjoyable and interesting trip report. Really makes me want to try skiing in Austria soon snowHead
ski holidays
I thought you might like to share

The Jagerbomb moment Very Happy Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley snowHead

I think Minimum_2 is obviously starting as he means to go on. He certainly seems to have qualities required in a SH!!

Jagerbomb moment from JOC
https://vimeo.com/60373834
snow report
Laughing
snow report
Nice work
ski holidays
Megamum, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Really enjoyed reading this trip report - thanks to you all for writing it and glad you had such a good time! snowHead
snow report
Megamum, Laughing Laughing Laughing brilliant!!!!
I skiied Flachau on Saturday morning, just didn´t feel right knowing you all weren´t there Crying or Very sad
snow report
kooky, Awwww........what a lovely thing to say Very Happy
snow report
Megamum, that's excellent value, might have to do the same when we're out in a few weeks time.

Top Jäger work there too!
snow report
^ ^ ^ This. Please could any snowHeads witnessing my lunching arrangements kindly remind me not to eat a whole main course by myself! Luckily I'm unlikely to be tempted by the puds - too sweet for me.
snow conditions
Iski wrote:
Megamum, (plus the minis) Enjoyable and interesting trip report. Really makes me want to try skiing in Austria soon snowHead

You must. I skied in Austria last year and had to go back for a sneaky trip in November. I can't for the life of me understand why I hadn't been back for over 20 years. Embarassed I promise it won't happen again. Madeye-Smiley Staying away that is, not skiing there again. Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, I have a sweet tooth and in recent trips have just ignored the savoury stuff and gone straight for kaiserschmarrn, germknoddel or strudel straight off. Made the mistake of having main and pudding once but can't be doing feeling like Mr Blobby all afternoon.

Sadly if it's put in front of me I have to eat it, can't let anything go to waste!
snow conditions
hammerite, I had THE best Kaiserschmarrn at New Year in the Purzelbaum, Flachau, I must go back and see if it was just a special for that night or if it is their usual recipe. It was served in the pan with thinly sliced apple and roasted walnuts........drools
ski holidays
kooky, I'll add that to the list of places to try.
snow report
geepee, Will start looking at some ideas for next season then snowHead
ski holidays
Wow! Minimum_1, Minimum_2, I have just read your report from cover to cover, Fantastic! almost like being there, glad you all had a great time! Very Happy
latest report
hammerite, We liked most of the the meals we have tried, but felt that Germknoddel was an aquired taste. I'd far rather have a lovely plate of hot steaming kaiserschmarrn with sauce, ideally made from plums (though we also saw it served with apple sauce too).

N.B I have it on good authority that if you are male it is quite an 'interesting' experience to visit the gents 'facilities' in the Auhofalm. If it is like the ladies 'facilities' it will be up to 'loo of the year' standard, but apparently it has a certain 'je ne sais quois' about it.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 24-02-13 19:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Iski, There's only one place to stay and there are many Snowheads who'll vouch for it. Madeye-Smiley

http://www.austrian-adventures.com/

There are also many who could be persuaded to join a trip. wink
latest report
Megamum, I have been in those toilets, and yes, they are really funny!!!!
latest report
geepee, This sounds remarkably like another mini bash coming on Madeye-Smiley
snow report
geepee wrote:
Iski, There's only one place to stay and there are many Snowheads who'll vouch for it. Madeye-Smiley

http://www.austrian-adventures.com/

There are also many who could be persuaded to join a trip. wink

There is another place to stay and at least 4 snowheads will vouch for it wink
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, and it's an excellent place too, convenient, good views, within walking distance of shops and very comfortable Very Happy We can't wait until next year Very Happy
snow report
geepee, holidayloverxx, I'll probably have to go twice then! I'll make sure to post my intentions so that I have good company. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy