Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two guys looking for any two for Mar 23rd

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I haven't skii'd for a few seasons and I booked a room-share holiday by myself last month to val d'isere and am (re-) hooked!

Two twenty-somethings from London intend to book for end of March (around 23rd but flexible) for any resort, although I've researched and have a few in mind.

One skiier one boarder, non-smokers & tidy, intermediates+, and we're not unwilling to meet beforehand if that's a thing (am new to this forum).

I look forward to hearing from you all!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello razaz.
I'd like to get away around the same time. I'm a 40-yr-old beginner/intermediate boarder, been away twice before with groups, looking for the same again anywhere in Europe.
I already speak French and German and could easily learn Italian if that's where you were thinking of going.
I would prefer to leave from Manchester, but I would assume whatever you book would have different departure options.
What's your budget range?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CubeWizard wrote:
Hello razaz.
I'd like to get away around the same time. I'm a 40-yr-old beginner/intermediate boarder, been away twice before with groups, looking for the same again anywhere in Europe.
I already speak French and German and could easily learn Italian if that's where you were thinking of going.
I would prefer to leave from Manchester, but I would assume whatever you book would have different departure options.
What's your budget range?

Good question wiz, I oughta have said our aim is a self-catering accommodation to keep the budget small (I just had a high budget trip and I'd like to balance it out).

Location/resort is up for discussion though I think we can all agree to a place near a ski lift without having to take a bus etc. is ideal Happy

Manchester should be fine - one of the packages I had in mind excluded the flights so flying to Grenoble for e.g. on the 23rd oughtn't be a problem.

I'd have to discuss all this with my friend so please PM me a contact detail and we'll keep in touch, thanks a bunch.

raz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you tried UCPA style trips before? Dorm style so works out low cost. Ski pass, rental, lessons, and all meals! Www.action-outdoors.co.uk
I would recommend tignes. Great skiing on your doorstep. Stayed there before and might be there march 23rd.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eWinter wrote:
Have you tried UCPA style trips before? Dorm style so works out low cost. Ski pass, rental, lessons, and all meals! Www.action-outdoors.co.uk
I would recommend tignes. Great skiing on your doorstep. Stayed there before and might be there march 23rd.

Thanks for the hint!

Although we can invest in sub-£300 trips and if we don't find a group, I might try UCPA and spend that little bit (quite a bit) extra as the lessons are great.

As we're trying to budget though, we'll see if we can travel to 4 person SC chalet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok. If u end up booking with action outdoors I have a discount code you can use to each get 10 pounds off the price. Code: EL2012
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
razaz03, still looking for 2 to join you and your mate? Me and my mate are looking to do the same. Any chance you will be up for looking at going around 30th march instead though? I know it's late n the season so will have to pick somewhere we are more likely to get snow. I'm sure we can find a cheap deal for 4 though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still looking for people/ got any plans coming together? I've just managed to get the week off work starting 23/3/13 and want to get in a really cheap week skiing. I'm a 29 yr old bloke from SW London, and my mate who might possibly be on it is the same. I've got to keep it as cheap as poss, I found one for accomodation and lift pass for £120 each for a week with 4 pple (or £160 pp if 3). but you got to get there your self. The accomodation has cooking facilities, it is pretty cramped but that doesn't bother me, the resort is one I've never heard of in France @ 1800m with a 230km ski area which sounds ok and is probably high enough that it should have decent snow late in the season. I'ld be happy enough to drive there from London and reckon that can be done for about £300 for a car with 4 people.

If you or anyone else is up for doing that trip or something else on a similar budget then get in touch. I like a drink but living in London I figure I can get wonderfull drinking/ partying opportunities for the remaining 51 weeks of the year so am prepaired to cut back on nightlife in favor of ski area / snow quality. Although if there's a budget resort with good drinking and good ski area / snow I'ld pick that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy