Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

morzine question

Poster: A snowHead
we are thinking of going at the end of January next year, we want a resort that will have snow in the village though, as its not a particularly high resort what aremthe chances ofmthis?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With Morzine being so low there is no guarantee of this ever.
I have just gotten back today from a two day dash following a weeks worth of snow and although its on the ground in the village its pretty slushy. This is mainly because its a busy town with traffic.
Roads are cleared and whats left just goes to slush.

Off the streets though the snow remains fine, until it rains.

If you want a pretty snowy village then i would look elsewhere.....Morzine is great though, i loved it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much for that, have you amy suggestions for a pretty snowy place? my son and his girlfriend will be skiing and my husband and I will be walking, we don,t mind which country but don,t want a long transfer plus they will want a bit of nightlife, its hard to find somewhere that fits all the criteria though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoriaz?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zurs? Very pretty, should be snowy but, alas, not cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Avoriaz is not exactly pretty. The budget question is relevant. What sort of accommodation are you thinking of? Are your son and GF experienced skiers?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name,

Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, i like the architecture. I think it's quite impressive.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, yes, I'll give you "impressive". wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My son and his gf are beginners, our budget is not too tight!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We would like a nice hotel, not too posh though!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not a hotel but have a look at www.skiology.co.uk - they have some lovely chalets in Morzine and the food is amazing!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I amstill confused why one would actively seek out snow (ice) covered pavements especially as non- skiers.

A bizarre desire to participate in the accident statistics?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, I don't think it's that bizarre! "Resort level snow" has long been a criterion given some priority. For me, it's especially important for kids as they can play outside the window, but it adds to the "ambiance" as you go about your business in the resort. And means you can do nice snowy walks without hassle - within two minutes of my apartment I am walking up a snowy path between trees.

lynny, if you want a nice hotel and a pretty, snowy, village you might do better going to Austria - Zurs or Lech would be wonderful, albeit expensive.

Les Saisies, in France, is usually snowy and the Calgary hotel is nice - cheaper than Lech but not that cheap. The village is quite attractive, not high rise, lots of good and not difficult walks and ideal skiing for beginners. Private lessons are cheap but group lessons will be primarily French-speaking as there are few British tourists. Brilliant cross-country skiing - maybe you should give it a go?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, sure, I get that, I just find it a little odd that slippy pavements are desirable.

Anyway, back on topic, Mürren fits the bill, although the apres isn't necessarily swinging. And it may not be cheap.
snow report
Quote:

I just find it a little odd that slippy pavements are desirable.

I guess they're not desirable, just an inevitable by-product of having lots of snow around. wink
latest report
I would not have put Murren top of my list for two beginners - possibly Wengen but.....
ski holidays
countryman, I know loads of folks who learned to ski in Mürren.

Wengen also works.
latest report
We were impressed last week with the beginner area on the Pleney side of Morzine. Lots of space, not a particular rat-run at the end of the day, and enough room for about a dozen different groups of beginners to ski down a gentle slope, just out the back of the hotels and bars on the main road through that bit of town. Definitely snow down to the resort, but not on the pavements and in the road - well, other than in the back gardens there was plenty, but the roads had been cleared.

There are other places with loads of snow right through town, but the reality is that they will typically be higher altitude. That tends to mean less trees, in France the high altitude resorts are often purpose built and as such can lack a bit of character.

If you want snow everywhere, go to Avoriaz. But you can just get on the lift or bus to Avoriaz from Morzine for wandering about in the town with snow everywhere, and get on horse drawn carts etc. But Avoriaz hasn't got the same range of facilities as Morzine, after all it is further up the mountain so logistics are bound to be more difficult for businesses.
ski holidays
Stay in Morzine, ski in Avoriaz, great choice of beginners areas.
Lovely walks for the non skiers and some apres life. Meet for lunch on the hill.
Wassa problem ? We have a great snow record too. Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy