Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mirrored goggles low light????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I always had the cheapie Aldi goggles ,they are perfectly fine for me but i want a bit more of a stylish pair
Do they make a mirrored pair that are ok for low light as well??
Oakley seem to do some nice ones but they are out of my price range ...Any other make new or second hand(ebay)

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

a stylish pair

you looking for what a poster in this thread called the "Ponch from CHiPs" look? wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86725
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wasley, the mirrored coating is to reduce glare in bright sun. Low light goggles tend not to have this, presumably because it doesn't help. If you want goggles for low light, find some that are recommended for that purpose, try them on, and pick the coolest* pair that fits you.

*relative term, no accounting for taste, if in doubt consider how you would fall on Eddie Izzard's scale of "looking cool... looking pretty cool... looking like a d!ckhead..."
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought some mirrored lens goggles for my recent trip to Austria. It snowed everyday and I thought they would be useless but I found them to be better than an alternative pair with a blue lens that I took. The goggles were Smith Phenom and the lens had a yellow tint to it.

Hope that helps
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
consider how you would fall on Eddie Izzard's scale of "looking cool... looking pretty cool... looking like a d!ckhead..."

Bit like the middle-aged and overweight chap I saw on the mountain today, dressed head to toe in bright Scandi-coloured Sweet gear with skis to match the colours of his overly tight clothes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

overly tight clothes.

Seriously, WTF is that all about? I saw one the other week, swear she was wearing everything two sizes too small. Do these people not have mirrors, or what? Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zero-G, i think he's local, if it's the chap I'm thinking of.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G, is Sweet gear not normally of the overly long and fairly baggy style(e)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, bright blue and lime green colour scheme (both the skis and the outfit). Dragan goggles with what can only be described as a harlequin-patterned strap that would be well camouflaged in a bag of licorice all sorts.

rogg, Sweet is more for the tall and athletic shape (but think freeride rather than racer-tight). I think they also do a line in snowboarding gear that is baggier. I suppose their stuff would look baggy on shorter people.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just bought a mirrored (s3) pair of 'cairn' brand (skiset had loads of their stuff). We had everything from seriously heavy snow to sunshine and was very happy with them in all conditions - E49.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy