Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last week of March too late for Austria in terms of snow quality?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering St. Anton the week of 23 March but worried about lower elevation of the Austrian resorts. Also, will the German school holiday make it ridiculously busy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will be fine. No idea about German holiday's though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Anton on a par altitude wise with most French resorts so no problem there. German school hols don't really make a difference. We'll be in Ski Amadee that week, great snow last year with a couple of Powder Days too. A bit slushy PM but not too bad. If you have kids in your party they ski free in Amadee after 16 March!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be fine
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow ought to be fine. Would expect weekends to be more of an issue tbh (Easter is last weekend of March, plus 1st April).

Every time I've skied in late March, it's dumped it with snow (knee deep in Mayrhofen village one year)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there that week last year. It was 24 degrees in the town later in the day, piste conditions were great. The lower runs were bumped out mash potatoes by the end of the day but there's always the option of downloading if picking your way through all the novices struggling doesn't appeal..... There's still a good chance of a good dump and cold temps at the end of March I think the first week of April last year saw a good amount of snow fall and cold temps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Generally it'll either be cold and you'll get powder, or it'll be warm and sunny, and you'll get lovely corn and slushy spring snow. 1st and 2nd best conditions to ski in.

Plenty of pow around that time (and later) last season, would expect good skiing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chraya, lower elevation than what? The further east you go the further away you are from the moderating influence of the Atlantic air flows!

March is always a mega time for skiing in austria, especially when Easter is early as the Dutch, Danes, Germans and Scandies start feeling the need for the sun, so they drive past the Austrian Alps and booger off down south to Italy and Croatia instead. Couple that with longer bluebird days and fresh dumps, it's a perfect time to ski. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we are also off the 23rd March for a long weekend to Waidring and hoping we have made the right choice, even if it was an impulsive decision.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you can be unlucky anywhere, obviously, but generally I reckon end of season skiing is a major improvement on Christmas/New Year. Longer days, fewer people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy