Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US East Coast condiions/reports

Poster: A snowHead
Raining in Boston, but should be snow in the white and green mountains. Also expected to get cold cold cold again. And then moderate for the weekend. It's amazing how warm 35 degrees feels after dealing with the teens like the past week. I ride my bike with a lightish jacket, base layer and tee shirt...and felt real warm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On a 6 day northeastern road trip, started at Gore and Whiteface. Fun hills, decent conditions. Whiteface on a week day is so easy to rack up big vertical.

reports and pics at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/2-days-in-the-adirondacks-gore-and-whiteface/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bretton woods for a day or 2. Started today. Drive up here was freezing, got to resort and its 40 degrees???? Wtf. Been pouring for last 8 hours. Can't catch a break. 10.30 pm in New Hampshire and its pouring??? Having said that, it's a really cool resort. A must visit imho.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
10 inches new high up here at Jay - rain started 7pm-ish but was wet snow by 8pm. Could be fun Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We skied Sugarbush MLK weekend. It was seriously cold Saturday - minus 23F at the top early, but beautiful and sunny with no wind. The skiing was great with the whole mountain open and 3 inches of new snow the day before. The cold kept the crowds down too.

We checked out Mt Ellen on Sunday, but two broken lifts meant long lift lines. I'd like to go back when oit was quieter and all lifts were open as there's good vertical and some really nice runs.

Pics/report at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/a-fabulous-sugarbush-weekend/

Sugarbush is one of my real favorites in the East as it has some killer terrain and excellent variety. And its a super nice place to visit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If there's one ski hill in the East that you should try and ski if you get a chance, its Jay Peak. We finished the MLK weekend there, and got 20 inches in the 2 days. The first was just one of those truly epic powder days playing in the amazing trees that are Jay's signature. With hardly any people. Unfortunately Tuesday was super windy and cold, and this kept the upper mountain lifts closed. So we just played in deep wind blown on green groomers. It was fun but incredibly cold - 0F and ??? know what wind chill.

Jay gets a lot of snow, even by western standards, and stays open often well in to May. it's a true gem in the ski world.

Some pics at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/pow-deluge-at-jay-peak/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
big storms heading this way - could be 1 to 2 feet in next 3 days. I think we'll be heading back up into enemy country (NE Patriots) next weekend. Go Seahawks ... and fingers crossed for dumpage
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Feet!!! Definitely going to go this weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yup - Sugarbush here we come Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
New England is def stealing the West Coast's snow at the moment. We were up at Killington and Sugarbush in Vermont last weekend and the conditions were very fine. And very cold - wind chills at the peaks in Sugarbush were close to -40C. It was a great weekend as the cold and then the Superbowl meant no lift lines all weekend. There's some superb tree skiing at Sugarbush - I spent a lot of time in the woods as the locals say. It was a hellagood time.

Lots of pics at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/killington-and-sugarbush-snowy-goodness/

And they've had at least another foot since we left.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I should go up this weekend, but I'm in the superstitious part of my big trip. Don't do anything that i can hurt myself. I'm off to denver for work and could squeeze a day in, but with austria in the wings don't want to risk it. Kinda dumb, I know.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
totally dumb Wink get up there - the skiing was fabulous last weekend. I'll probably get a day at 7 Springs in this weekend, and a couple more before we leave for Lech on 18th
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So there is an insane amount of snow here in New England. Boston has gotten probably over 60" in 2.5 weeks. Mountains have gotten less but they are all reporting 100% coverage. Heading to the alps in a day (hopefully, as another storm on the way), so haven't had a chance to hit it, but probably best conditions in years. Plays it's been light and fluffy, not the normal wet stuff, plus plus it's gonna be cold as heck, so it's bring preserved well. You can always ski my yards if you want. Lots of pow there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We won't get up there until march now, but hopefully this winter will keep delivering and stay cold/ i sooo fancy some late march Jay Peak tree skiing Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gortonator wrote:
New England is def stealing the West Coast's snow at the moment.

This is an understatement. It's just plain lame. I haven't skied since my last day in Lech the end of January. Some parts of Northern and Interior BC are doing fine. WA and OR not so good. Even Northern Idaho is hurting.

Glad you East Coast folks are getting it though. Looks very tempting.
ski holidays
@Toadman, how's whistler? Any idea? Think Colorado and Utah and Sierras are hurting. Such a strange season, although I would never fly to boston just to ski. Revelstoke had to be ok, no? M

Self imposed sedetary lifestyle till I get on the plane for arlberg tomorrow night. Warming up there. I might need the dark lense goggles.
snow report
Redwine wrote:
@Toadman, how's whistler? Any idea? Think Colorado and Utah and Sierras are hurting. Such a strange season, although I would never fly to boston just to ski. Revelstoke had to be ok, no? M

Yeah. I'd fly to Montreal. It's closer to Jay Wink
snow conditions
Whistler has snow in the Alpine but the freeze/thaw levels have been yo-yoing from 5k' to 7k' feet the past week. It will snow down to 4.5-5k', then warm up, and rain to 7k feet, and repeat. I did hear that Bachelor did okay this last storm with a surprising bit of cool air that some how snuck in through the Pineapple Express. Cascades are about 30% or less of normal for snowpack this time of year.

Still considering the drive down, as I have a free place to stay. Long way to go for refrozen though. I think places like Big White are okay. Even Revy got some heavy wet stuff. Mabye Banff/Lake Louise survived but that's a long haul too.

Just going to cross my fingers for March, and some spring dumps. Otherwise all the money I have saved from not skiing this year will be put to a ski trip or a cat trip somewhere very nice. wink

Have fun in the Arlberg.
ski holidays
Anyone been to new england recently, particularly Jay? gonna venture there on the hopefully mended calf muscle this weekend. Its been so darn cold (still) figure things should be ok.
snow conditions
Spent the last weekend of March at Sugarbush, with a day at Okemo on the way up and Stratton way back. Conditions at all three were excellent - mountains fully covered both on and off snowmaking areas. Sugarbush especially was an absolute blast - that is a true gem of north east skiing, especially if you like trees. Some of those woods are seriously tight and steep.

Lots of pics and report at https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/04/03/a-perfect-weekend-at-sugarbush/

Hopefully winter won't recede too quickly up there, as I have the last week in April off. Might still be some fun to be had around Jay and Sugarloaf. It's been a great season in New England - we stole all the snow from the Pacific Northwest Wink
snow report
Went to jay peak last weekend. Exceptional. Mid winter conditions. 8 degrees when on Sunday morning, cold cold cold. Heard they got up to 10 inches on Monday, so will still be good. Warming up in Boston, but still below average so they will be skiing late this season.

Hoping for some storms in Utah in next week as I have a biz thing in slc, but might not be worth even bringing the boots. What a strange strange season this has been. There is still snow on my lawn. Strange.
latest report
Jay sounds similar to Sugarbush last weekend - def still winter and great conditions. 3 weeks until we can get up there, so hopefully there will be still be plenty open. i love Jay - glad you had a great time.

Should be some fun to be had at Snowbird and Alta - take those boots!!
ski holidays
For posterity, a report from late April/early May in New England - Killington, Sugarloaf, Jay Peak. It was pretty darn good.

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/a-farewell-to-new-england/

The reason for the delay ws our move back west to Seattle. No more New England skiing for us, for a while anyway. Enjot summer and hopefully some folks will post in here next season. I'll be reading - we have very fond memories of New England skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy