Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Insurance and lift pass insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First topic on here, so here goes.....

Everytime I buy a lift pass I am offered insurance with it, but normally decline as I have winter sports cover on my travel insurance. Is this a mistake? What does everyone else usually do?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gassy222, there is a huge amount of discussion about this on snowheads - some better informed than others.

do a search on carte neige and carré neige
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My take on it is... You don't need it if you have travel insurance that covers rescue from the mountain. Lift pass insurance will mean that you definitely won't need to pay up front for rescue and transportation to a medical centre; relying on your travel insurance means you *might* have to pay up front and then claim it back from your travel insurer. Some see a couple of quid a day as worth avoiding the potential hassle of upfront payment, others don't see the point in being double insured.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for both replies. Just had a quick search and I'm getting the general thought is that's its worth having both. The carte neige for getting off the mountain. And the main policy for everything from the hospital onwards.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The lift pass insurance is Carre Neige, not Catre Neige which is the annual version. We took it out last week ay <€3 per day and it proved its worth when Katharine fell and suffered an ACL and tibia injury which resulted in a €520 rescue from the slopes above Val. The Securite did not ask for any payment, all was covered simply by the lift pass being checked. In my opinion well worth it. We then used our travel insurance to arrange repatriation back home, recover medical and other costs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy