Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been watching the webcams at La Thuile for a couple of weeks now, and it never seems to get busy.

I'm happy cause it means no queuing but is there any reason for this ?

http://www.lathuile.net/datapage.asp?id=26&l=3&s=I
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Esdel wrote:
I've been watching the webcams at La Thuile for a couple of weeks now, and it never seems to get busy.

When I ride up the lifts over the beginners area I often wonder how it keeps going as it's a large area with bug all on it.

Try Run black 5 my favourite or red 4 a little used great run.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just wait till next week I'm sure it will be busy then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not going until march,

Dwarf any recommendations for eating out in the evening
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
went there about ten years ago, found the place boring and the skiing very limited, probably why its quiet..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Esdel wrote:
Dwarf any recommendations for eating out in the evening

I would have said the Rascard but the owners have moved to "La Maison de Laurent"..telephone 0165-885100 . As with most restaurants in the town they run a couple of minibuses to get you there.
Very nice people, very nice food.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoid the motorway style cafe at the top of the Les Suches gondola, worst pizza we've ever had anywhere... We especially went to Italy for lunch from La Rosiere and had the misfortune to pick this place... I've had better pizza at the services in the UK than we got there...

We were supposed to go to La Raclette on another day from a recommendation but the link was closed due to high winds most of the week, so can't confirm if was any good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also I should say the Hot Chocolate in La Thuile was lovely ...

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esdel wrote:

We went to La Thuile during Feb half term in 2011. Very few queues, it must be said.

A much under-rated resort in my view. There's some flattering stuff in the "bowl" between France and Italy, and some more challenging stuff towards La Thuile itself. (Franco Berthod - Black 3 - is quite lively and a near-vertical short black back into the resort gives plenty of scope to wipe out humiliatingly under a large chairlift). There's also plenty of tree-lined runs.

Going back next year, hopefully!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Esdel, Stayed in La Thuile last year and favourite restaurant by far was La Lisse. Very warm and cosy especially if you get at table near the open fire - and fabulous food!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The ski area is huge (especially when you include La Rosière) and there are only a handful of hotels and the Planibel apartments to stay in. Not only that it doesn't attract as many daytrippers as Courmayeur and Pila as it's a longer drive. So as far as I can see it's one of these rare places that is nearly always quiet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I like La Thuile it's probably the best place I've ever been to where you can just hammer away at your technique. Huge empty motorways of piste, fast modern lifts and mostly fantastic food. Got the nightlife of a Fenland village with no post office, a closed co-op and a pub that goes silent when you walk in the door Shocked

And the Blacks are blacker than black things . . . definitely worth more than one trip.

I always fancied rather than flying to Italy, train down to BsM, taxi or bus to Seez and then use the lifts to get to La Thuile from La Roz for the vacation trip. Got to be quicker than flight and transfer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque wrote:

I always fancied rather than flying to Italy, train down to BsM, taxi or bus to Seez and then use the lifts to get to La Thuile from La Roz for the vacation trip. Got to be quicker than flight and transfer.

Is it possible to get up to La Ros for Seez via lift?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlpineAddict, Just outside the town on the road up is Villard Dessus(sp?) with the bottom station. There's a free navette from Seez to it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christina1 wrote:
Esdel, Stayed in La Thuile last year and favourite restaurant by far was La Lisse. Very warm and cosy especially if you get at table near the open fire - and fabulous food!

I'm salivating already, that's sounds superb( right up my street)

Thanks to all for your thoughts, hopefully it will be a lovely time, bah it's got snow so should be great
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy