Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 buckle boot circulation problem?

Poster: A snowHead
I feel that my toes are falling off!
I have some very comfy 3 buckle boots I bought last year.
But after a couple of hours of hard skiing and hard standing about in queues, my toes on my left foot start screaming at me as though they are frozen.
Today my toes are still a bit numb.
I am wondering if this three buckle design is stopping the circulation, while doing a good job of holding my heel in place.
Anyone have similar problem with a three buckle boot?
I'll check in later, going to try again in a minute around the Sella Ronda.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's absolutely nothing intrinsically wrong with any 2, 3 or 4 buckle boot design (can't speak for any other number though). I'm inclined to blame your funny shaped feet. Perhaps a return to your bootfitter is in order.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had the same problem due to a change in where pressure was placed over the top of my foot, go back to boot-fitter and they'll track it down. in my case i got dropped slightly in the boot and had the tongue thinned out where the pressure point was - no issues now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
could also be lack of flexibility in your calf
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys!
I think its a trip back to the boot fitter again Sad
I'm wondering how good is the "comfort guarantee" is ... I have had them less than 12 months and they have already been back for a bit of fettling.
The boot are very comfy when I put them on this morning but the pain has built up all day.
Now the toes are still screaming even though I took the boots off half hour ago.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DrLawn, sometimes you have to go back several times for your boots to be tweaked, especially if you have any oddities in your foot shape or biomechanics. I believe the comfort guarantee is there to cover multiple visits – without incurring additional costs – until the boots are perfect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Zero!
I wont feel guilty about it then.

But I have another day of whoopee to get through ... it will be worth it for the pain... I hope.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you aren't overtightening the buckles are you?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mag1882, if his toes are still 'screaming' 30 minutes after removing the boots, it doesn't sound like blood flow interruption or temporary nerve compression.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
where did he say 30 minutes after removing them? sorry never saw that, didn't really read the whole thread and I'm still not seeing it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DrLawn wrote:
Cheers guys!
I think its a trip back to the boot fitter again Sad
I'm wondering how good is the "comfort guarantee" is ... I have had them less than 12 months and they have already been back for a bit of fettling.
The boot are very comfy when I put them on this morning but the pain has built up all day.
Now the toes are still screaming even though I took the boots off half hour ago.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DrLawn, sorry about your boots. How's the snow in the Sella Ronda region? We'll be in the Groednertal soon.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DrLawn, have you tried thinner socks - something a bit similar was happening to a friend a few weeks ago - her boots were new made to measure ones. Her socks (very good and expensive ones) were just cramping her toes very slightly, it seemed - wasn't obvious at first. She tried ordinary thin socks and all was well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hello Doc - some good advice above, to which I'd add regular grappas with a twist of MTFU. Hope it improves.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was -25 here a couple of days ago.... what were the temps like when you were skiing?... cold bones take a while to warm up again!
How many days use have your boots had?... As I ski seasons I have the patience for my bots to bed in (takes about 5 solid ski days minimum)... during this time they are tight, feel weird and are achey... then they just get better and better and better!
latest report
DrLawn, If you paid for the boots to fit and they do not, take them back, you are not getting what you paid for. Boots should fit straight away not have to ride up with wear.
snow report
Quote:

Boots should fit straight away not have to ride up with wear.

Don't agree.
However this is based on only 2 pairs I've purchased in the 7 seasons I've been out here.
Only just replaced the first pair as they had softened so much.
Of course boots 'ride up' with wear; the liners form and get squished in use.
snow report
Cynic, That Was based on 10 pairs in 20 years
latest report
Cynic, Correctly fitted boots would read more like 5 pairs. That's assuming you get 80 ish days a year.
ski holidays
CH2O, l get more than 150, now do not run 3 different types just more liners and different flex cuffs, but thinking about it again as have been persuaded my monoculture is unrealistic and a pair of rockers would save my feet..
ski holidays
Still complete twaddle if you seriously think that boots
well liners really
don't change form when bedding in.
It also means that I am somehow lying to both myself and others in my crazy thinking that they do and have done.
snow report
flangesax, Boots don't change at all liners do, when they no longer fit tightly re heat.
latest report
based on the description of the pain and location my money would be on limited flexion at the ankle either caused by a tight muscle or a bony blockage in the ankle joint, sure a good footbed and a heel lift might solve it but equally it might not, can't see the foot or the boot so difficult to comment, pop back to your fitter and see what they can do

sometimes it is about managing the pain to the point where it may not be 100% gone but is gone to a level that is acceptable, if there is a biomechanical issue with the foot/ankle the boot maker doesn't really care, because the boot fits the other 1000's of people wearing it, it is about getting the best starting point and adjusting it as far as possible to get it as good as possible
snow report
Cynic wrote:
flangesax, Boots don't change at all liners do, when they no longer fit tightly re heat.

Firstly, read my spoiler... secondly, once a liner has become too compressed it will not magically re-form with heat and thirdly, of course they do or else you wouldn't have bought quite so many pairs over the last 20 years! Laughing
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Firstly, read my spoiler... secondly, once a liner has become too compressed it will not magically re-form with heat and thirdly, of course they do or else you wouldn't have bought quite so many pairs over the last 20 years! Laughing

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Another angle. The nerve that takes signals from the outside of your foot runs around the back of the outside knoble on your ankle (lateral malleolus) and can get compressed there causing it to fire off and give you the pain in your outside toes. It then runs up the center of the back of your calf and get compressed by the cuff at the top of the boot. This is especially a problem for ladies whose calfs are typicaly rounder lower down. Try losening off the top clip and make sure that you keep your shin pressed against the front of the boot when skiing.
ski holidays
Hi Skids!

And thanks for all the suggestions.
I think CEM might be on the money here .... my left ankle is pretty shot to bit from a "pots" fracture in 1966 and the knobbly bits are a lot different from he right ankle.

Just an update now ...
I took the boots off on Friday evening last week and my middle three toes on both feet are still numb ..the left one is worse. As long as they don't fall off I may be OK for next season,
I wont even feel the pain there.

& DoubleBombardino I did try thinner socks but they didnt help. But what did help a bit were those Bombardino things they serve there.
They did n t cure the problem but they took my mind off it!
Nobody I was skiing with had ever experienced the Bombardino before except the rep (in a kilt)
They are quite nice in a low calorie, non alcoholic, five a day way Smile

Snow was good to great .. sun shone most days and the misses only said "I'M NEVER EVER COMING SKIING WITH YOU AGAIN!" just once.
snow conditions
Hi CEM ... very interesting website ... thanks!
http://www.solutions4feet.com/index.php
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Atomic ti liners 2012 26.0 one careful owner offers
snow conditions
Don't pull the tongue of the liner up? I did that and ended up with toe pain that almost made me cry.

(Activated rule 5. Didn't help)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy