Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday destination 16th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
5 of us are looking for somewhere to ski for a week from March 16th. Ideally we would like somewhere within easy reach of geneva airport and fairly cheap, and of course with guaranteed snow... We are a range of abilities from early intermediate to experienced. Ideally we would be looking for a 3 bed apartment (some people have sensitivities about sleeping on a sofa bed!!), but i think it is more realistic to look for a 2 bed and someone will just have to sleep in the lounge.

Unfortunately having left it this late we are struggling to find somewhere to stay in Val Thorens where we had originally thought of going.

Has anyone on here got any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can always wait until the last minute (2 weeks or even 1 week before) and get a great deal on a ski chalet taking a triple and a double/twin. If you don't mind which resort, then you are pretty sure, but not guaranteed, to find something within your budget.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crystal have got this Hotel at £614 total all inclusive to Les 2 Alpes (Hotel La Brunerie) going out on the 16th March fm Stanstead with 2 for 1 ski passes thrown in. I think this is bargain..! Little Angel

not sure if you've already sorted out your own flights, so thought this might help..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simon94, that is a good price, especially with the lift pass deal - but 5 is an awkward number. Becstar, depending on what you mean, nowhere close to Geneva has guaranteed snow - for that you need to go somewhere with very high skiing on a glacier, such as Les Deux Alpes. The Grand Montets in Chamonix is pretty well guaranteed at that time, but is not for everyone. But mid March should be fine, just about everywhere - one of the benefits of waiting till the last minute.

The 3 Valleys is not normally thought of as "cheap". In fact it's one of the most expensive areas in France, where every coffee or beer will cost you a lot more than in most resorts. A 3 bedroom apartment in Val Thorens in mid March will probably cost over £1500.

You might need to decide which of your criteria to drop - cheap/3 bedrooms/Val Thorens.

You could do worse than telephone Erna Low and Peak Retreats and see what they've got available, though I suspect they will have very few 3 bedroom places.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed in the Brunerie in L2A a couple of seasons ago, it's alright, first week in the season so staff were finding their feet, but should be a well rehearsed routine by March. We had a triple room too, so they do do them there, can't remember if it was a put me up type bed, don't think it was though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Becstar, if you are interested, we are going to Kronplatz that week. Not exactly close to Geneva. Don't know if you are stuck with flights to Geneva.
We are staying at www.mareo.it and self catering. Space available if you are interested.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice everyone Smile I think we may have finally decided on an apartment in St Martin de Belleville right near the gondola. If we need to we might hire a car (prob cheaper than transfers for us all anyway) and then if we feel the urge we can always drive to Val Thorens if skiing there isn't viable.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy