Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2nd march - Ski Buddies - Austria - Saalbach or similar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying into Munich on 2nd March at 10 am, flying out 9 pm on 6th March and will hire a car to ski for 4 1/2 days. Looking to head to an Austrian resort and thinking primarily of Saalbach. I know the area as have skied there 3-4 times. Failing that i have thought of either Soll, Schladming, St Anton or even might consider Sella ronda (Italy)
Was originally going with the wife but she has had to pull out, as is having a small op a week or so before we go and wont be fully recovered.

Would Like to hook up with someone to ski with and/or have a few beers & apres with. I can ski all piste grades happily and some mild off piste would also be considered. Like to ski all day from 1st lift and then go straight to apres!

Flights have been booked but not accomodation yet. I still have an option on a place in Saalbach so that's probably 1st on list.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 13-02-13 17:14; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Powderseeker, if on your own I wouldn't bother with a car. The train is easy, cheaper and more reliable to just about any of your "S"s.

Think I'd go for a W though. Westendorf has really grown up with the new lifts and connections. Take a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
Powderseeker, if on your own I wouldn't bother with a car. The train is easy, cheaper and more reliable to just about any of your "S"s.

Think I'd go for a W though. Westendorf has really grown up with the new lifts and connections. Take a look.

Thanks for the info. Yes Westendorf is a possibility too. I have skiied there a few times, love the ki west slope. Im still not quite decided on final destination, but am open to suggestion. I have skiied alot of resorts in the area previously, so know the area quite well. Have also been thinking of Kirchberg as a possibility as I could ski the ski welt one day and Kitzbuhel area another. If the worse come to the worse and I dont hook up with anyone I might even seek out the SCGB in Kitzbuhel or Zell for a day or so.

As for car v train, well the cost isn't an issue as its not too dear to hire a car. The train times only really seem to work for ski welt area, as to ski elsewhere its tight for time to 9 pm flight if I want to ski full day on last day. I also like the flexibility of a car if I choose to ski another area for any reason and the car also doubles up as an equipment locker for last day skiing etc.

Anyway still have Saalbach as top of list ...so if anyones about that week , give us a shout.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Powderseeker,

I'm not about the full week, but do find myself at a loose end near the alps on 2nd/3rd. I was thinking the western corner of Austria (maybe Ischgl), as I'm driving up from Strasbourg on the Friday night. Not adverse to driving further though. Sun night I'm headed back to Düsseldorf, so the drive from Salzburg, Tirol or Vorarlberg is much of a muchness.

Let me know how your plans progress, might be opportunity to meet up for the weekend.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Powderseeker, and f948lan, We'll be arriving in Saalbach at around noon on 3rd March, so available from then on. Our phone number's on the website (below).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Me and my wifel are going to be in Ellmau from 28th Feb. She can't ski so i'll be solo also, while she's learning.
If your near the Skiwelt, on your travels, and want someone to ski with drop me a line.
I'm contemplating a advanced course for a few days, while she's in ski-school just to refresh as it's been 10 years since I was last in the alps!.

We also fly to Munich and are hiring a car.

If you'r around same time, more than happy to meet up, for some skiing, and Apres skiing to boot!

Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
f948lan, PM sent!

Tatman's Tours Nice one! Will contact when plans are finalised

londonleo, Plans not finalised yet but will be in contact if going to skiwelt, but trying to sort accomadation in saalbach at mo
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All,

Sorry the silence, been waiting to finalise my travel plans, but now know for sure I will be around that weekend.

londonleo, There is a good chance I could be in Ellmau/Skiwelt area on Saturday 2nd - would be great to have some company.

Tatman's Tours, If I make to to Saalbach, it would only be on 3rd. Are you likely to hit the piste that afternoon once you arrive?

Powderseeker, Return PM in progress...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Are you likely to hit the piste that afternoon once you arrive?

I don't see why not, particularly if the weather's conducive. We'll be there around noon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trip all now confirmed, despite the apartment owners confirming the apartment for me then letting it to someone else 30 mins later. I have now got a pension sorted right in the center of saalbach by the schatberg gondola. Will stay in soll on 2nd march to ski there Saturday pm then make a dash for saalbach to ski there Sunday 3rd march to Wednesday 6th march pm.
So hopefully if anyone's around feel free to let me know.

Tatman's Tours, Hopefully will be able to meet up from sunday PM, i'll PM you my contact details
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy