Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre Trip.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the final count down now, we leave on Saturday for a week in Monte.

Looks like there's been plenty fresh snow which should make for a decent week Happy

Was wondering if anyone had any hints and tips they could share?

We fly into Grenoble on Saturday and are driving up, plan to take the scenic route via Monte De Lans and La Grave..

The other thing we were wondering is recommendations for eating and drinking in the town, any decent eatery's and would they need to be booked during 'spring break'?

We are staying in an apartment which was booked through Go-Montgenevre ( http://www.go-montgenevre.com/apartment-delphine/ ) Anyone by any chance know where its located in the village? Go-Montgenevre are very hard to communicate with!

Any tips appreciated as always

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a lot of Monte's on snowheads then Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dave_wick, may be worth giving a little more away about what you want in the thread title Smile

You could also post in the resorts section.

There have definitely been responses to info requests for Montgenevre in the past....I guess quite a few people are now away skiing, too - may limit some of the potential responders.

Have to say, I'd be getting a tad concerned about the lack of communication you're getting from Go-Montgenevre!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dave_wick, we went to Montgenevre in 07, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21652#543374, so can't really say much now. We stayed in the Rocket Ski Rois Mages right opposite the lift and which had a cafe bar of sorts. I can't remember it being very lively but the skiing was great, especially nipping over to Claviere for lunch. Also we had a great day trip to the other end of the Milky Way but by bus to make the most of our time there.
But isn't there a Milky Way weather thread? Ask in there... see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95355&highlight=milky
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_wick, difficult to pin point the exact location, but looks like somewhere in B6/B7 on the resort map http://www.montgenevre.com/winter/pdf/MONTGENEVRE_plan_hiver.pdf

If so, good location, close to / in town, 2 mins walk to the front de neiges, and close to the lift that takes you up to the luge / cafe / kids play park on the southern side of the resort.

Tips, well, Monty is a small resort, not loads of apres but enough, some nice little restaurants in town, with excellent skiing both on and (apparently) off piste.
Great thing about the resort is that wherever you might be skiing, you can get to a meeting point in town (for lunches etc) fairly quickly, and there are runs to suite all abilities.

Enjoy, you'll have a top time I'm sure!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick,

Dave have a great time, please post your post trip thoughts on here, as we are thinking of paying MNG a visit at some stage
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy