Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10-year-old girl killed in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
A British schoolgirl's died after crashing into a tree in Mayrhofen:

http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2013-02-12/46929/Tragic_Brit_girl_dies_after_ski_crash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277453/Girl-10-dies-head-injuries-suffered-horrific-ski-accident-hit-tree-high-speed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Very sad Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad Thoughts are with the family
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heartbreaking!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very sad indeed.

Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is horrible.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really horrible to hear this news, thoughts are with her famly Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So sad, rest in peace little one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No words can soften the tragedy for the family, so sad... Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We all tend to forget in all the fun every year there are always tragedies . . . too many of them Sad As a community we have been very fortunate.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How very sad, RIP, thoughts and prayers with her family...

Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very sad. I hate to think what her parents must going through right now.
RIP
Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sad very sad.
latest report
Very sad indeed.

Lucky she was wearing a helmet.
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:

Evil or Very Mad crass!
snow report
What's even worse is that whilst they cope with their loss there will be untold arrangements to make paperwork to complete, insurance claims to be made etc. all of which won't allow them to heal until they are sorted. I hope those that they deal with are suitably tactful and sympathetic and that they have someone out there that can help them through things.
ski holidays
Masque, agreed Twisted Evil James the Last, completely tactless and IMO worthy of removal if you feel the need to do so.
latest report
James the Last, out of order.
snow report
Eh? If she hadn't been wearing a helmet her parents would have been absolutely pilloried. Very lucky indeed she was wearing a helmet.

Next time, Megamum, think before you shout abuse.
snow conditions
Although the helmet didn't save her and this unfortunate accident will mean life for her family will never be the same again, at least they will not be tormented with thoughts of "what if she had worn a helmet ?"
snow report
Bloody awful.

I don't see good luck playing any part in this event.
snow conditions
James the Last, that doesn't make it worth pointing out you ass Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Although the helmet didn't save her and this unfortunate accident will mean life for her family will never be the same again, at least they will not be tormented with thoughts of "what if she had worn a helmet ?"

They'll have an awful lot of "what ifs" anyway regardless of head protection.
ski holidays
James the Last, tbh, I don't think her parents currently would give a Shi.t about anyone's views on helmets whether she was wearing one or not? OMG....
snow report
Bode Swiller,

Yes it's going to be a very hard time for them, it's going to be bad enough without a prosecution for not meeting the local ski-helmet laws and the guilt that could come with that too.
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
Eh? If she hadn't been wearing a helmet her parents would have been absolutely pilloried.

That is perfectly true and one of my first thoughts too.

Quote:
Very lucky indeed she was wearing a helmet

Now that is
Quote:
crass
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How very sad Sad Condolences to her family
ski holidays
Awful, truly awful. My daughter is 10 and we ski Mayrhofen regularly, back next month. It starts you wondering where it happened, how can I protect my kids etc.

It's funny, but I'm not even aware of trees when I ski there, although they are clearly there.
latest report
Very very sad though I can't help but wonder how the girl lost control so spectacularly. Parents worst nightmare.
snow report
Layne wrote:
Parents worst nightmare.
Indeed it is Sad Poor poor family, how desperately sad. Sad
latest report
Layne wrote:
Very very sad though I can't help but wonder how the girl lost control so spectacularly. Parents worst nightmare.
Seen it happen with my own five year old daughter. Basically she sat down on the back of her skis and shot off down the mountain. Narrowly missed a chairlift pilon and eventually got thrown onto her side by a mogul! One of the worst moments of my life ( the other being when she did the same on a bike and shot over a busy main road into a car park, between two parked cars and then finally came to a stop scraping against a wall on the exit road on the other side of the car park, I still have bad dreams about that ).
snow report
Layne wrote:
I can't help but wonder how the girl lost control so spectacularly

Tbh, it really doesn't take much at all, narrow tree lined roads although pretty, are probably the most risky places you can ski, no idea if this was the case, just remembered mine when she was little, tried to avoid an ice boulder on a narrow run and disappeared off the side, fortunately missed everything, this brings it home how different things could have been.
latest report
Very sad story; it was good to see in the report that her organs are to be donated - a bereaved family setting a fine example. I guess she was just going far too fast for her ability. All kids do it, and some grownups too, but mostly we get away with it. She was unlucky to hit a tree rather than just hitting the deck. Poor kid. Sad
snow report
What a tragic loss for the family. My thoughts and prayers are with them Sad Sad
snow report
A tragic loss indeed, so very sad
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
Very sad indeed.

You really are a twerp.
snow report
Dreadful, dreadful story.
ski holidays
Too sad. There are no words..... Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy