Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio - info needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I appreciate this is the usual sort of post that everyone puts on here, but there isn't a whole heap of info about MdC, so I hope someone (Wayne?) might have the patience to reply.

Eight of us going to MdC on 24 March. Two families, four children of varying ability, aged 10-15. Staying at the Hotel Montana.

1. The resort seems a little strung out. Will we end up walking miles from one lift to another? Is there a ski bus? Is it a problem?

2. Any thoughts on ski schools for the children? English speaking?

3. Any particular recommendations for restaurants in town? Nothing fancy, just good food and good value?

I am sure there will be a million other questions, but that's all for now.

Thanks a lot,

Jamie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
foxtrotzulu, I'm sure Wayne will pop in at some point, though it is now his busiest period.

There isn't really too much walking to get around MdC, the skiing is well linked/connected.

Can't help on ski school, though the Italian national ski school I had experience of was positive.

As for restaurants, MdC not the cheapest place owing to its chic appeal. Try he Antico Focolare - traditional, excellent food, great service. It didn't break the bank!

It is a cracking area - been twice now and would go back, certainly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur - Thanks for the tips. Yes, I'm hoping that Wayne will spot this thread in due course.

Jamie
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
foxtrotzulu, as I recall, there is a bridge (snow covered with a travelator) that connects one side to the other - maybe some minor poling - no big deal. Again, IIRC, the main lifts out of town are also reasonably central.

I was there a similar week several years back - the whole area was totally covered. An outstanding late-ish week. Sounds like the area is getting a pasting at the moment - bodes well I would say snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu, agree re Antico F place - top notch pizza at great value. Apres drinks in most places in the village are nice, and they are very generous with nibbles so you can snack away 'free'. There was one stand out - a cafe-bar on left as you walk down towards Antico F, can't recall name but no doubt you will find it, perfect prosecco and great mini pizza/olives. enjoy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All good info - many thanks. (although I have just realised it's damn nearly 1km from hotel to the Antico Fukolareeo)

Jamie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There can be walking from bottom of slopes across the village if you want to get to another area straightaway eg Spinale to Cinque Lager (phonetic!) but equally there'll be a slope to connect to the different areas. First time we visited we stayed in the Hotel Diana (opp Miramonti slope) and walked about 400 metres most mornings to the Belvedere or Pralonga lifts to avoid having to do black first run. I don't remember a regular ski bus at all, but then we had a car that time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
foxtrotzulu,
I replied to your PM
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy