Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres in Peisey/Les Arcs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am with a group of people going to Peisey in March. We love a bit of energetic apres ski followed by rolling back to the chalet for dinner and drinks. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for apres ski venues in this area. I was also wondering if you can stay for apres in one of the Les Arcs resorts and then get back easily to Peisey? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are stuck in the Piesey/Valandry sector in the evenings unlss you use taxis. The walk from 1800 is about an hour, not to be recommended.

Can't help on the apres.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. An hours walk doesn't sound like fun. Do you know how much a taxi costs?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are also stuck in the snow sports section and this thread will be more approriate on the piste or possibly in the resort reviews section Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Moved to the piste Smile

SkiFrogger, taxi will cost a lot as you more or less go down to Bourg St Maurice in the valley, along a bit, then back up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AndrewsPeppers wrote:
You are stuck in the Piesey/Valandry sector in the evenings unlss you use taxis. The walk from 1800 is about an hour, not to be recommended.

Can't help on the apres.

An HOUR! just how pished were you? It's an easy 20 min stagger down Foret to Vallandry rolling eyes Add 10 mins. up to Plan Peisey.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Google has it as 3.3km from 1800 to Plan Peisey - 40 minutes walk.

We stayed at Club Med in Plan Peisey a couple of years ago and, although we were obviously eating and drinking at the Club all the time, I must admit I don't remember seeing any sort of bar or restaurant in the village. There MUST be something, but not much I fear.

Actually, I've just remembered that there was quite a decent looking little bar right next to the cable car across to the La Plagne sector.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just up from the Club Med is bar Mont Blanc, where all the partying happens etc. There are some others but names escape me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SkiFrogger, Whereabouts are you staying? It took my neice & bf 30mins to get back to Plan Peisey from 1800, after the night ski down from Arpette restaurant on a Wed night (you need to book it). There's a service road just below Foret piste which is marginally quicker & less danger of being mowed down by a piste basher. Mont Blanc is a great bar in Vallandry. Also Jimmys( I don't much like it), or Felix bar if you fancy something quieter. if you're down in Peisey (as opposed to Plan Peisey), there's Gregs bar.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SkiFrogger, Just had a thought, are you in Peisey or Plan Peisey? . . . big difference.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Staying in a chalet called Chalet Peisey - apparently 150m from the lift that takes you to the Vanoise express. Thanks for the words of advice.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SkiFrogger, Excellent Smile Solan is your closest - just next to the VE - but it's been a bit quiet this year. We normally go to the Mont Blanc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SkiFrogger, If it's a new(ish) place it will be in Vallandry and a good 10 mins from the V'Express . . . in which case nipping over to 1800 is relatively easy. Spawn O'masque and mates used to drop in to 1800 late afternoon settle into a drinking hole and slide back . . . easier in board boots than ski but that depends on your comfort level and where you planned on eating. ASAIK the bashers used to leave Foret till early morning because it's used by so many pished pedestrians, it was certainly full of them last time I was there Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mont Blanc bar is OK (bit typically Brit). Jimmy's is better (mixed bag) - more eurotrash and always seems to have leggy Dutch birds around when I'm in there - barman told me they were swingers ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy