Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for employment...

Poster: A snowHead
... for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere Winter season.

A Ski Instructor CSIA 2, CADS and CSCF Race Coach.... currently working as an Instructor and Coach in Canada.

I'm applying to all the Snowsports schools via their websites, but have realised there are a fair amount of 'in the know' and influential people who frequent and use this site.

If you don't ask you don't get is my philosophy, so I thought there would be no harm asking. Hope it's not against forum rules or offends anyone.

Would also need a sponsered working visa as i'm over 30 Sad

If no Instructing positions going would consider anything in the Ski Industry business.
I have a wealth of other skills that are needed in a Ski Resort.

Running Chalets, Hosting, Ski Guiding, Tour Rep, Driver, Ski Hire Rentals, Working Wintersteiger Ski Machinary etc, etc.

Any leads or offers would be most welcome.

I don't bother with Natives as it's really gone downhill and not Ski lead anymore apart from job adverts.

Much appreciated Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud wrote:
Would also need a sponsered working visa as i'm over 30 Sad

Much appreciated Very Happy snowHead

This will cause people a major headache, as you have to prove that no other suitable Kiwi applicants came forward.
Get your own visa organised some how.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last time I looked skiman was on the special list in New Zealand so should be easier to get in with shop or tech work.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spud, Are you sure the Visa for NZ is not up to 35. But you are only allowed one so maybe you have used that allocation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big NZ employers are on an approved list with immigration for seasonal jobs, the "give the job to a kiwi" thing isn't a requirement for them, although they probably prefer to do it.

Your best bet is www.nzski.com - by far the biggest employer. Otherwise www.chillout.co.nz and contact the club fields individually from there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the reply's everyone. I've applied to every ski school in NZ and pretty much all the OZ one's too.

Many of the sites say they offer sponsered visas...so here's hoping.

Just thought their maybe someone 'in the know' so to speak or looking for someone Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud, Try Argentina
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque wrote:
spud, Try Argentina

Don't you have to be able to speak Spanish for Instructing in Argentina and Chile?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spud, The last time I looked having the ISIA made the over 30 thing a lot easier for NZ.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For sure ISIA definately helps. I'm working towards my CSIA3 and CSCF2 at the moment but can't see myself getting the exams this season. Just haven't had enough time to practice in the bumps and Pow as i've been teaching mainly beginners and Intermediates all day long. Hopefully going to get a month at the end of the season to free ski and practice.

Thanks for the Argentina tipMasque, Sent off a few CV's... here's hoping. snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hang11, I would have thought the major problem was the over abundance of Kiwi instructors rather than anything else - every resort I have ever been to has had them.

There was a thread on here not too long ago sort of on this topic. It had a load of useful info., advice and contacts. If some nice SH can remember where it is that might save everyone some time. spud, making the title of thread a bit more specific would help as well .....

I have the revese problem to you, I can get into NZ by right but have no ski teaching skills. If we could somehow combine .......
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, AFAIK Chile is a no go, too many local qualified in small areas. Argentina doesn't have any employment restrictions (last I heard) and bigger ski areas. Good luck . . . it's never too late to start learning a language.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

it's never too late to start learning a language.

the day before you pop your clogs might be judged as pushing it somewhat ....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Idaho...? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers for all the reply's people... can't find the thread mentioned though.
snow report
spud, let us know how you get on, Argentina is on my list for 2014 . . . and not just for the beef and plonk snowHead
snow conditions
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2120541&highlight=zealand#2120541

not instructor specific but some of the contacts might help as they seem wise men and are on site.
latest report
spud, how much over 30 are you? If under 35 there's a second working holiday visa scheme.
ski holidays
Spud, you could learn Spanish to a sufficient level before the season in Arg/Chile, I just went to school for a month before I went, I know a few others who have done the same.
ski holidays
Cool...maybe a course learning Spanish would be a good thing during April/ May.

I'm over 35 so a sponsered working visa like the one i'm on in Canada will be the only way i'm afraid.

Cheers for the heads up on the thread...should have known it was that one as i replied on it... Doh!

Masque, Will do Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy