Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's all mountain skis...which pair?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I'm looking for some advice please,

I have being skiing for years on and off and my current skis are a pair of 14 year old Salomon x scream 9s 161cm

I'm 5'5" and 10st

I'm happiest on pisted red runs but can get down anything pisted. I want to enjoy off piste but find my skis a bit narrow to float well in the powder. I enjoy both short and wide radius turns as well as just going straight down taking speed off when needed. On the whole I'd say 80% on piste, 20% off piste would be ideal..

I was thinking maybe a bit shorter in the ski length? Skis I've had a quick look at online are the Volkl Charisma/ Chiara, but there is so much choice and I'm so far out of knowing what kit is good these days any advice would be great,

THANKS
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ROGIESTAR, quite a lot of info can be found here.

If you want all mountain and more float in powder then go longer, not shorter. I am the same height as you but 56kg (8 stone) and skiing on 178 Rossi S7s, which I would say are definitely all mountain skis.

And welcome to Snowheads snowHead

Edited to fix the link.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 12-02-13 10:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, though they seem to be more specific powder skis and I'm just after the ability to go off piste if I want but I'm def a piste skier and will spend majority of time racing down groomed slopes:)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bought my daughter some Line Celebrity's for Christmas and she loves them, they're rated 60% on - 40%off piste. she says they feel really light and loves the responsivness, 90 underfoot i think so good in the fresh stuff.
picked up a pair of last years for £299 from Rivington Alpine.

plenty more great girls ski's out there but if daughters happy i'm happy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ROGIESTAR, I really like the Blizzard bushwackers, the womens equivalent is the Black pearl, my American girl friends are always raving about them too. A real good fun go anywhere and grin like a fool ski. I would deffo go a little longer rather than shorter. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife has a pair of Atomic Elysians which she absolutely loves, and which seem incredibly versatile - stable, light and easy to turn on everything from rock-hard corduroy to knee-deep powder. When she discovered that a couple of skiing companions had the same boot size, they swapped for a couple of runs. Both times, she had to fight to get them back!

Three experienced skiers of varying ability from level 6-9 all agreed that the Elysians were the best skis they'd ever tried.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/elysian--ffg-12/6166?gclid=CJeH_57GsLUCFcbKtAodNXUALQ
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy