Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kids ski length? should I bother renting??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a father of 3 boys and have assorted skis in the garage. I am quite prepared to spend money if it's worth it (otherwise I wouldn't go skiing so much with so many kids).

Problem: I have a 8 year old who is about 132cm tall with size 3 boots.

I have 4 buckle boots that fit him and 110cm skis with bindings which curiously fit both children's and youth boots.

I also have some 120cm skis but the bindings don't fit the boots.

Do I:

1. Rent 120cm skis for £35-50

2. Take the 110's??

Previously my eldest son stayed on the 110s till he was 9 (at least) and got his Etoile Bronze.

I have just worked out that the second son got his 3 star badge aged 7- a year (or 3 months younger depend son how you want to count it) younger than the eldest- there is a violent argument raging as I type.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's time he learnt the importance of rule 5.

I mean, at his age I was on my Father's cast off 203s.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are the bindings OK on those old skis? recently serviced? out dated? corroded? lubricated? or all dried up? That might help you decide.
I had to do a rethink after the wife innocently asked me if 25year old bindings would be still OK for our 4year old. Hmmm.... now you mention it love....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Re-Drill the 120's ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
110s will be about chin level for him, no disaster as long as they are not twin tips. Or as above, get the 120 re-drilled.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the problem with the 120s is the y have a binding thta only takes a children's boot.

I have checked out the old photos of the eldest child- who skied on the 110's till he was about 9. So I'm happy.

THe 110s aren't mega old. Good question about lubrication- any suggestions folks??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy