Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's on the road Friday 15th/Sat 16th Feb?

Poster: A snowHead
As was mentioned in an earlier thread, lets do some SH spotting on the road.

When including your details please remember not to include your full reg no.

Mine?

EJ54 is the first bit

Kia Sedona

Heading for Les Menuires.

Give us a toot if you see us, but not between Calais and Reims as I've managed to get Mrs GC to drive that bit while I have some shut eye.

So, who else is going?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

So, who else is going?

Most of the rest of Europe Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are going overnight. Early evening dover calais ferry. YM58..... Silver citroen c4 GP.

To val thorens.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are leaving 5.30 Friday am. 8am euro tunnel

Stop off in Grenoble on the way to vaujany.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Early morning tunnel then braving the Saturday madness to Val Tho - black Skoda KU12
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FE10 - white Tiguan with skis on top. Heading out Friday. This is fun, spotting one of you is remote but it's better than arguing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FV61 Black Skoda Octavia estate with box on top. heading for Morzine through the night of friday in to saturday, along with half the Skiers of Britain.
Get the Snowheads stickers out snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RO 09 dark blue Passat estate Friday morning. I'll pop a snowHead sticker on the roofbox. Crunchie13, 07.50 departure
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LD55 silver Toyota Verso on the 6.20am Friday eurotunnel. The usual Reims, Troyes, Dijon Geneva drag, pizza and shuteye in annemasse then up early and first lift in st gervais on saturday - well that's the plan anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Silver VW Tiguan Friday night, straight through to Morzine! Come on!!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 12-02-13 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
R8 black Saab estate. Leaving the s.midlands at 2pm on Friday and driving straight through to...

... Scotland. See you on the M6!
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
05.30 Shuttle on Saturday morning then hopefully Wengen by about 20.00. First time I've skied at half term so I hope it's not as mad as I'm expecting.
G7....... Grey Saab 93 estate with ski box on

Barry
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heading for Llandiloes in Wales on Friday night.. watch out for a dirty great big blue and orange KTM rally bike Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the shuttle 0730 sat I think lol silver vw touran ve10 with the misses and kids then off to sainte-foy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
feef wrote:
Heading for Llandiloes in Wales on Friday night.. watch out for a dirty great big blue and orange KTM rally bike Smile

Weekends trail riding ? Can't think of a Rally at this time of year since the demise of the old Winter Rally / PJM.
ski holidays
Bpikeuk wrote:
feef wrote:

Weekends trail riding ? Can't think of a Rally at this time of year since the demise of the old Winter Rally / PJM.

Rally training weekend at Sweet Lamb, in preparation for the various rounds I'm doing to place in the All Terrain Rally Challenge, or Big Bike Rally Challenge as it was known last year.

That and I just installed a Rekluse clutch so it'll be good experience getting used to how that works.
snow report
feef wrote:
Bpikeuk wrote:
feef wrote:

Rally training weekend at Sweet Lamb, in preparation for the various rounds I'm doing to place in the All Terrain Rally Challenge, or Big Bike Rally Challenge as it was known last year.

That and I just installed a Rekluse clutch so it'll be good experience getting used to how that works.

Hope you have a good weekend.

I bought a CCM 604 to do the Scatter Rally that eventually got cancelled last Sept, shame that it didn't get better support.

I hope to be able to squeeze enough time in do a couple of rallies this year.

Barry
snow conditions
11 30 shuttle on Saturday. Late arrival in the mountains but we will be behind the crowds.

Edit: forgot, blue Mercedes estate FE60 ---
ski holidays
920 Friday morning, overnight in Lyon, then up the mountain on Saturday morning.

Any suggestions re what time to head up? My wife likes her lie ins ! But I don't want to get to caught up in traffic, going to La Tania
snow report
Mid afternoon shuttle on Friday and overnight in Luxembourg before long trip to Dolomites through Germany /Austria.
Don't miss the tunnel time!

LL09 grey S-max

Smile
latest report
We're joining the masses!

Friday evening shuttle, overnight Troyes and early (ish) start of Saturday hopefully putting us ahead of the crack of dawn Brits. Problem is the whole of Northern France starts their holiday that day. And the Dutch.

Dark Green Saab 9-5 Estate DX53
snow conditions
Deleted for double post
snow conditions
8pm shuttle then overnight to Flaine.

Any ideas what:
a) The shuttle will be like at that time?
b) The road up to Flaine at perhaps 07:30?

LR
latest report
What U people clearly need is snowHeads stickers on your bumpers! snowHead
ski holidays
0420 shuttle on Saturday morning. Dark blue new model VW Sharan LB60 with skis on roof heading to the Vorarlberg via Rheims, Strasbourg, Colmar, Basel ...

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 12-02-13 17:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:

What U people clearly need is snowHeads stickers on your bumpers!

Surprised there's any left, judging by the amount we saw in various locations around the Sella Ronda Wink
ski holidays
But andy... there are 33 on every sheet! More than enough to go round the Sella and back again Wink

Actually, there aren't a great many sheets left.
ski holidays
KV59 *** Dark Red Seat Exeo Estate

En-Route to Galtur

04:30 start in the Grim North Shocked

12.00 Dover Ferry - Overnight Hotel in Aachen on Friday night

Expecting the usual long jams into Austria! Evil or Very Mad

BUT THIS IS THE LAST HALF TERM I'LL EVER HAVE TO SKI - HOORRAAH!!!!! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
15th 8pm tunnel to Flaine...drive throughthe night will be going up the mountian about 7am...
Dark Blue Rav4
snow conditions
DJL and Spilly62.

Very good chance you may see us, I'm currently booked on the 2013 train but hope to be down there for about 7 as long as the kids get home from school early.
ski holidays
FA59 dark blue Bugatti Veyron, with ski rack on top going to Val d !! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
cockofthenorth, Driving the wifes car again?
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, yep the Phantom is in for a service rolling eyes
snow report
Watch out for any Renault Lagunas... Shocked

http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/51507/stuck-125mph-no-brakes-french-driver-crashes-belgium
snow report
A request. Could those at the tunnel give a clue as to how it is looking in respect of delays or any other foul ups?

At least those following on will then have an idea about whether it will be plain sailing (training?) or otherwise.

SPILLY67, GaryCantley, I'll look out for you!
ski holidays
miranda, Shocked Shocked but 'La Panne' where the poor chap finally came to a stop, well that did make me smile Laughing

DJL, will post any problems. We are on early breakfast crossing tomorrow.

Sticker in situ admin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Best of luck to you all! The forecast is for 35 000 cars between Albertville and Moutiers on Saturday. Shocked Shocked
latest report
marmotte16, 19.20 for us - no doubt the difficulties will build as the day goes on. All information is welcome.
Fingers crossed and hope everyone has a decent safe journey.
latest report
We are going on the ferry. Nice Langhams meal to se us up prior to the overnight drive.
snow report
Quote:

Could those at the tunnel give a clue as to how it is looking in respect of delays or any other foul ups?

well I just had a call from relatives going down to my place - crossing tonight. They got to the tunnel an hour before check in for their booked departure but couldn't get anything earlier. He said everything seemed to be flowing OK but there were a lot of busses and lorries. There's not going to be much chance of getting on an earlier train tomorrow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy