Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

after the PreBB I'm looking at getting another week (of superb carving obviously wink ) in at the end of March, and Sauze d'Oulx has come up as a possible. Is there anyone who could give a quick overview of what the skiing's like there? Looking at the piste maps it looks like theres plenty of scope for getting across to different areas.

Not too worried about going on the lash every night but a bar or two would be nice as well.

Ta
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
blert596, we are off there 10th March. It's a big enough ski area and we like it. Cannot comment on the bars as we always stay up at Sportinia so we are stuck up the mountain every night.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blert596, have a look at this http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95711

Was there in 2006. Plenty of mileage to be had some pleasant bars and restaurants in the centre. Would deffo go back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above - there are plenty of runs to keep you busy. You should also go over to Val D'Isere, which if it is the same as a few years ago involves a one man chair Laughing

Hope you can carve - was hard and packed with not much new snow when we were there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been 3 times & would still go back. Large ski area but some slowish lifts. Not worth trying to treck over to Montgenvre as its just too much lift time & not enough skiing. The runs back into the village get very slushy later in the season as they are in the sun all day. Some nice runs in Sestriere & Sansicario with the mens world cup downill to have a go at Very Happy

Dont know where Rhoobarb skied but Val D'Isere most certainly isn't near it but he's right there is a one man chair that links a couple of runs! Toofy Grin

Plenty of nightlife with Paddy McGintys, the Queens Lounge & many more as well as some quieter bars.

Carol
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lots of skiing and a good sense of travelling around. My favourite runs are in Sansicario. Not sure about end of March tho - could be a bit slushy underfoot.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went there last year, quite a lot of skiing but a lot of it is same old, sign posting very poor and lift system not the best, couldn't get over the bus dropping you off at least 250m from the chair lift with the walk up a decent hill to get there, laughable really and the bus service was poor. Small resort but there are a few decent pubs, we spent a lot of time in the irish bar which was pretty good. We stayed in the Relais Des Alpe which was basic but had a pretty good bar, there was another hotel just next door to the Relais (can't remember it's name) but that had a great bar. We had a good week there but will not be going back again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meribel46 wrote:
Dont know where Rhoobarb skied but Val D'Isere most certainly isn't near it but he's right there is a one man chair that links a couple of runs! Toofy Grin

Oh crap - is it Sestriere? I remember a rickety one man chair over to a gondola. We definitely did some Olympic run, although I wouldn't have troubled the timekeepers. Too much Swiss wine when posting... Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the responses. Still not 100% sold on it though. I think I was spoiled by the lift system in Kronplatz Very Happy

La Thuile may also be an option now as well although it doesnt seem as big.

I'm also very tempted to go back to Kronplatz and do some areas from there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
blert596, there will be a small group of us going to Kronplatz 16-23 March. We will be staying at www.mareo.it self catering. We will have a hire car and mostly ski Kronplatz but will use the car to travel further afield. Let me know if interested. 98% on piste. Après probably a beer and a chat
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blert596. I have skied Sauze twice and La Thuille once, and enjoyed both. Sauze is the bigger resort, with more bars/apres/KM, but LT is an all round better experience. Paddys in Sauze is as cheesy as they come, but does server it's purpose. LT was mainly restaurants, and not much else, and is spoiled by the Planibel complex. LT is also linked to La Rossiere in France, and so long as the pass stays open, adds extra mileage to the resort. If I had to choose one, i'd go to LT, for the skiing, but i'm sure you'll enjoy either. If you chose sauze, head towards Sansicario, as this is where the best slopes are to be found. IMO.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the advice.

Well, things changing now. We had another mate and his 2 kids (20 and 22) joining us so had been planning for 17 March. He let us know yesterday that he cant do 17th now, and can we do 24th. Unfortunately I dont think I'm going to be able to get the 24th off work, and my other mate has always preferred going on the 24th. All a bit up in the air as I'd provisionally asked for leave on 17th. Puzzled

I've spoken to Mountai Sun and theres space on 17th and the 24th for Kronplatz which seemed to have taken over as favourite. Also the 2 for 1 lift passes was good news. Its just a shame the flights are so expensive from Scotland. Also with 5 of us going we were intending to hire a car and take in Cortina as well.

Have to wait until Friday to see if I can get off on the 24th, but I'm not holding my breath. Hmmmmm
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Leave granted Very Happy Very Happy . Looks like its Kronplatz from the 24th for a week. Very Happy Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy