Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Mature" male skier looking for chalet space in March

Poster: A snowHead
Skiing well at 68, if not quite so far, so fast or so long as before! And by and large only on-piste these days. Level 2 Alpine Instructor and although most certainly not offering instruction, not averse to passing on the odd tip. Après ski tends to focus on a good meal with a few drinks, enjoyable conversation and sleep. Will share a room.

Looking for a space in a chalet with congenial group (congenial on and off the slopes) week beginning 9/10, 16/17, 23/24 March
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ccl, if you're looking at France (where the bulk of chalets are) your second or third week would be best - the first is still Paris holidays.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam - they do stretch them out in France, don't they!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ccl, There may be some SHs joining us in Serre Chevalier around then, maybe week of the 16th? Not sure what their plans are yet though, they're looking for a chalet or hotel deal. Would be nice to meet up again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

they do stretch them out in France, don't they!

they do, but it makes sense. 4 weeks from mid Feb - mid March with practically every room let, bums on seats in restaurants, busy lifts, roads chaotic. Resorts make their money for the year. It would make no sense to squish it into fewer weeks (except for the rest of us, of course wink ).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells wrote:
ccl, There may be some SHs joining us in Serre Chevalier around then, maybe week of the 16th? Not sure what their plans are yet though, they're looking for a chalet or hotel deal. Would be nice to meet up again.

Are you and J going to be there the week of the 16th? If so, there is availability at the Charlotte which I might take up. It would indeed be good to see you both.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ccl, we'll be out there for 2 weeks from the 16th.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've sent off a booking to Ski Miquel for the Charlotte. Looking forward to seeing you both again and if there are other snowHeads around, so much the better.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ccl, excellent. I'll Pm my mobile numer and will join you for a pre-dinner drink on the 16th. We're heading to Beaune on the way down for a spot of wine tasting.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm - looks interesting - what week did you book? Looking for someone to ski with and looks like there will be a fe SH out there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

We're heading to Beaune on the way down for a spot of wine tasting.

That sounds very pleasant. snowHead Where do you stay in Beaune?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
martinm wrote:
Hmm - looks interesting - what week did you book? Looking for someone to ski with and looks like there will be a fe SH out there.

16-23 March
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bug, week too early. Mind you, only makes 1 day difference. Fancy some skiing company if they have a room?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, I've booked the Hotel de la Paix, it is right in the centre, but with private parking in the courtyard.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells, Pre-dinner drinks on the 16th sounds good to me

martinm, Skiing company was the purpose of the thread! I'll be skiing all over the place, cruising many blues, riding a good number of reds and bashing a few blacks. Notice the progression through the colours from" many" through "good number" to "a few".Very Happy Nothing at a hectic pace - strength and stamina aint what they used to be. Off-piste, if at all would be a matter of playing in something interesting near the piste. I do coffee/beer and lunch stops unlike contemporaries of mine who probably still have a sandwich lunch in a gondola so they don't waste skiing time. Very Happy

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 12-02-13 1:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Sounds good - still haven't decided what to do, will let you know if I decide to go for it!
snow conditions
Quote:

I do coffee/beer and lunch stops

Good job too. Very Happy
latest report
Hells Bells,
I have a return date for lunch at a particular place whose name and exact location I can't remember. Probably dependent on one or other of you to lead the way. All I remember is that it is a smallish place underneath a much bigger and much less interesting restaurant.
snow conditions
ccl, I think that would have been The Troll? Looks like we have a mini-bash in the making ,as Maggi and Thumbstruck will be in SC that week too. Anyone else joining us?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy