Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
My tip: Focus on 1) with less speed and lots of video analysis.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Happychap wrote:
Thank you for the clip Franz Sad Still not listening am I, I am Trying Lol. So what can I see that I am doing wrong,

Well you have pointed out enough for you to start working on but I would get that cameraman on a course he's lousy wink NehNeh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
speed098, Laughing
Happychap This guy has no balls either......... NehNeh Laughing wink

http://youtube.com/v/Um7GTqYmQXY
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No balls but his posture is near perfect lol how I so want to be like him Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
His flex is half what I have been trying to achieve. Is really good to see it with out the confusion of different shapes and restrictions of individual bones and muscle limitations we all seam to have gained through age lol good clip Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting a bit worried now, on Saturday I have a session with New Gen, at Hemel to tell me to go home and forget BASI Skullie Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Happychap wrote:
Getting a bit worried now, on Saturday I have a session with New Gen, at Hemel to tell me to go home and forget BASI Skullie Very Happy

There's always CSIA and if feeling really down NZSIA wink

Listen to what they say, try your best to do what they say and I think you will be surprised at the positive comments even if you still have work to do before your ready for BASI 1.

So go in with a positive and open attitude and all the best.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the positivity speed, I am looking forward to the session and the feedback, the more the merrier lol. The session with new Gen starts at 2:00 and me and Franz hope to get there around 9ish so can continue building on what Franz has had me doing last week.

if feeling down lol ill remember the money saved on not doing BASI courses will cover the cost of ski trips lol Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happychap wrote:
Cheers for the positivity speed, I am looking forward to the session and the feedback, the more the merrier lol. The session with new Gen starts at 2:00 and me and Franz hope to get there around 9ish so can continue building on what Franz has had me doing last week.

if feeling down lol ill remember the money saved on not doing BASI courses will cover the cost of ski trips lol Very Happy

Or that it saves you having to give FC a free lesson when you pass a BASI course wink

No courses or lessons for me just hopeful I can afford to get the June monthly pass for CFe and get down at least 3 times a week got lots to work on tried seeing if any Snowheads want to meet up regularly at CFe but only met a few so far. Wish I was within driving distance of MH as you all seem to be there regularly and last time I was there it was still a dry slope.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to drive Up from the south coast Via Kent,
I have a monthly for this month but I can only go Saturdays so the aim is to go for as many until the season starts, I do have to say, FC a free lesson Laughing by the time I get my L1 he will be on his way to L3 and that's for sure
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suppose I am lucky I am about 8 miles from CFe and just a bit more from Ski Rossendale. I have started taking video of me skiing so I can see what I need to work on but at present it is more a point of getting the hours in getting the feel back. Once that happens corrections will be easier for me. Already seen a dif between my third session at CFe and the fourth. If I had to drive a long distance then things would be different as that would be at best one trip per week.
( Oh and my cameraperson is really lousy, even a broken slalom pole did better at supporting the camera Shocked If she was not such a good cook she would have been sacked wink ).

It does not matter Happychap, if FC gets to L4 before you reach L1 or if you get to L3 before him, just enjoy and have fun, ( though on courses sometimes you have to push yourself way outside any comfort zones and the fun then comes after realising just how much you were able to push yourself).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I do understand that stretching yourself its a pity how one trip I will push the boundaries and yep have excelled, and then another trip my heels dig in like the last trip, had all of the ingredients to come down most things albeit sideways sometimes, and mentally found it hard to do so, I found it frustrating as I felt I was not only holding myself back but also my ski buddy, rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It is only now I am learning the fundamentals, after three weeks of skiing over two seasons and a dozen sessions at Hemel. if I carry this through to my two week trip in Jan my confidence and skills should be well up there and my so am hopeful of making another leap (you never know may even be able to carve by the end of it LOL Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have found the video so useful as it can be reviewed way after your trip or lesson, as a week after an instructors feedback it can be so hard remembering all the points . feet, Joints, Core, Arms Eyes, Poles, P,E,R the list goes on and on and on Lol
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Happychap,

Look on the bad days as a positive because if you never had a bad day how would you be able to really enjoy and appreciate the good days, and those rare days when everything clicks together and you and your ski's are in perfect harmony with the hill.
latest report
After years of feeling as if I lived on ski's 24/7 and never having anything other than one pic the video is great. I have refused to start analysing my skiing yet, because I am that rusty I know I am doing a lot of things wrong, but slowly the feeling is returning.
I am nowhere near as dynamic as I was joints protest at angles they thought were decades in the past.

Hopefully in a month or two rather than watch grimace and laugh at them ( and it is more grimace than laugh at present ) I will break them down analyse every movement set targets to work on plan routines/drills and that is when the serious work begins but hopefully by then I will be at around 70-75% of where I was before I stopped. When things start to loose the fun factor I will just slip into fun mode and mess around for a while till I am ready to work hard and try and get as close to where I was as I can.

So every day you click on them planks is a good day what happens afterwards ? Who care's ? The first requirement for fun has been met.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/yXh6pzx7RSQ
ski holidays
Less haste, more smoothness / style / speed
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
Less haste, more smoothness / style / speed

+1^^^this
Slooow it down...... Open up your turn shapes= BIG C's.... Feel what's happening from the snow up through your body.
🎿 use the Force Luke wink
ski holidays
Hmmm, sounds familiar.
I refer the honourable happychap to page 1 of the "Intermidiot" thread Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
ALQ, Aaah Oui Monsewer Laughing
But my best mate hadn't just done his BASI L1 aye wink
ski holidays
franzClammer, Laughing
With your teaching 'style' and his gentle nature, he'll soon need a name change to...
passiveaggressivegrumpychap NehNeh
ski holidays
You advice group and lessons franz are sinking In honestly they are, but the issue as I see it is this. I know what to do and what I am not to but, when standing at the top of the slope I get a tAd excited and all lessons and advice go out of the window. I will have it sorted by page 10 I hope and not page 70 (franz) lol😄😄
snow report
Watched all of the vids back today and have tried to view my skiing with my new slightly more knowledgable head and tried to review myself. And am in full agreement I am skiing to fast hoping to mask my mistakes by doing what I feel I am good at. But know in reality I can not ski. I can get down but I have not been employing the basics (fundiments) as it is only now I am being taught .i will say this. crap skiing or ESF standard I love it all any excuse to ski is a serious natural buz that will keep me busy for the next 20yrs 😄😄😄
snow report
If I live that long that is Skullie
snow conditions
Yeh.........very sillyphosical rolling eyes
Anyway, balance on the outside ski before you turn.
Toofy Grin
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
Yeh.........very sillyphosical rolling eyes
Anyway, balance on the outside ski before you turn.
Toofy Grin

He is balanced on the outside ski as he starts the turn, the main problem that it turns into huge movement inside that means he never ends up on the outside ski at the end of the turn. I.e. Balance progressively over the outside ski all the way through the turn, don't balance on it at the start only to push all the way off it through the middle of the turn. This is why the stalk drill was working.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/l0X8-4HnDOE
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aha not been for a while was as fun as I remember lol, cheers for the footage franz Very Happy
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/QGv0fHsUDb8
snow report
Hats off, I'm astonished that you stayed upright.

A suggestion if I may, try making three times as many turns each run.
latest report
upright please divulge Very Happy I thought I was making loads of turns
latest report
suggestions always welcome Very Happy
latest report
Happychap wrote:
suggestions always welcome Very Happy

Find a better cameraman he spends too much time on the lift NehNeh wink
snow conditions
Happychap wrote:

As in you didn't fall each run.

I should have written stay standing on your skis because you were rarely upright.

Maybe try to maintain a consistent speed on snow by turning both skis across the fall line and not pressuring the snow to kill the acceleration.
snow report
Ok mike I'll give it a try Saturday. I'll get franz to demonstrate for me to ensure I understand fully what your talking about. Is harder to do right in practise all these drills than you guys make them sound. I am trying to get it right honest 😄 it seams as I work on one aspect it messes up another. All day franz was on at me for not staying upright and forward during my turns ce la vie no doubt in 10 years time will still be working on somthing 😄
latest report
Is nice getting the feedback even If is appears I am not listening I am. 😄
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Happychap wrote:

As in you didn't fall each run.

I should have written stay standing on your skis because you were rarely upright.

Maybe try to maintain a consistent speed on snow by turning both skis across the fall line and not pressuring the snow to kill the acceleration.

I think what Mike is possibly saying is that at your current level (Intermidiot wink ) you should perhaps focus on your rotary skills Steering through twisting your skis rather than using edging and pressure, more R less E&P.
Ideally nice big quality skiddy turns to establish balance, then start blending in more edge in the 3rd phase of the turn.
Thats when you get to ski again, ya part timer NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy