Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
Snow predicted at the weekend in tignes that's what I want to hear 😄

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-03-14 19:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ALQ wrote:
I think you've progressed really well and franz has done a decent job. BUT, IMHO, time to get a 2nd opinion on your skiing.
So treat yourself, spend a bit extra for a 2 hour lesson with a pro early in your trip...practice with franz...then another 2 hour lesson with a pro later in the week.

Happychap wrote:
Still amazed at going back so soon twice in one season, 😄👏

Are you trying to p*ss me off Sad

Have fun and don't forget to take vids...the funnier the better Toofy Grin

Lol not trying to p*ss you off lol, just overly excited😄. You are right in the respects as different instructors can offer diffrent tools and techniques, jan I was fortunate enough to obtain some instruction of Basi and ESF albeit only for a couple of days, but to be fair to franz I know may not have in the past translate all the advice in to his own technical ability, has taught me from can't snow plough to a black run in two trips and a few sessions at Hemel (he may not be the best skier at this present time he can instruct my hope is to keep skiing with him so as his skills develop so do mine all all lesson money can be spent in the mountains lol 😄 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a great trip! Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
See you at Lyon Aeroport at 20:00hrs tomorrow dude
Big dump on its way so blue sky pow days next week Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Neraida trip was amazing, instruction from Franz was invaluable, feel like I have gained so much in such a short time thanks to Franz Very Happy I have now booked myself on to a new Generation free BASI Taster day at Hemel on the 17th may so quite excited about the additional feedback I will receive, Toofy Grin I have no footage as yet of this trip other than me following Franz down the mountain vid on his page, I think I carved a few times throughout the week, Skullie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/DtLVD0ApPWU

I have stolen this clip of Franz page as, you can see my ski tips and arms lol
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This was my first day trying some new skis, and I love the Tune and views Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lucky! I bet you had an awesome week! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was brilliant it snowed loads on my arrival one cold and windy day and the rest of the week stunning weather and snow conditions Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You certainly got the best of the weather. A friend was out there the week before you and whilst the conditions were great, there wasn't much sunbathing going on. How did you get on with the new skis?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was on the heads till Wednesday and was skiing well(Moho) tried new skis Thursday and initially felt had taken me back a few steps, getting used to them, but on reflection the revs were so much more stable and tended to offer me more grip when edging on ice so a much better ski. I should have stuck with them for the rest of the week 😩 still had an amazing week, I will say this not many activities play with the brain like skiing does, lol was quite a mentally challenging week. 😄
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here is a clip franz has done of day one. I may be lucky enough to have some clips of each day to hopefully show some progression throughout the week 😄

http://youtube.com/v/BQ_ZeOIZO3w
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking good. A little nervous on the narrow bits, but I bet you're less so after day one and with a bit more visibility Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I my defense lol, 😄 it was quite icy on them narrows well scrubbed lol
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hehehehe!
ski holidays
I know why I was looking so nervous on the narrows I was trying to practice stork drills not as successful as I would have liked (work in progress lol) Franz is working on day two video for me as we speak so looking forward to the comparing the days Very Happy
ski holidays
Happychap, Next time you're on those flat narrow runs, try this...instead of twisting your skis with your feet, just keep them parallel and shift your ankles side to side inside your boots. You'll pick up speed so keep your upper body still and make gradual movements. It's great fun!
ski holidays
Will do ALQ. Looking forward to next trip allready 😄
snow conditions
Here is a vid of some skills focused sessions from day two. Thanks to franz for the editing and constant attempts at correcting my faults #128516;

http://youtube.com/v/Vhj25OvvHno
snow report
Looking much improved to me and moreover, like you had lots of fun!
snow conditions
Happychap, looking back to your first post - it seems that you have found some comfier ski boots! Some lovely snow there, and plenty of fun. You didn't look like you were in agony! snowHead
snow report
Nice skiing vids..........Just wish that "Cockney idiot" in the background would shut up wink
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
Nice skiing vids..........Just wish that "Cockney idiot" in the background would shut up wink

Its like living by a train line you soon learn to blank the noise out Lol, Toofy Grin Only Joking Franz the constant badgering, I mean Instruction Did help me come a long way in a short time.
snow conditions
Pam W, boots are brill I can ski all day and it be a pleasure, I still remember my first day in meribel I was in agony in my shins was to painful to initiate a turn so tried not to not wise, Very Happy regarding the fun, yes an amazing time, Very Happy
ski holidays
Franz where is Wednesday vid Puzzled LOL
ski holidays
As if by magic.......

http://youtube.com/v/J502CESbHEU
snow report
whey hey, nice one dude, some cool clips. Very Happy
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/ptU2kD87G5Q
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow watching this doesn't look like me lol, Cheers Franz for the clips, is helping me to reaffirm where I am still going wrong, think I need to get to Hemel to continue working on my back seated and lack of flex, and to also continue with the downhill dominance but I can see a massive improvement as the week progressed, Very Happy
snow report
Happychap, Looking good...nice n relaxed and a few smooth turns there.
I think you're still starting your turns with a shoulder turn (slo-mo might confirm) - Ask franz to show you pole-window drills or poles-across-back-of-the-hands drills.
Has franz taught you carve turns yet? Get on it ASAP!!! Toofy Grin
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/bAepTy1NQHY
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
Happychap, Looking good...nice n relaxed and a few smooth turns there.
I think you're still starting your turns with a shoulder turn (slo-mo might confirm) - Ask franz to show you pole-window drills or poles-across-back-of-the-hands drills.
Has franz taught you carve turns yet? Get on it ASAP!!! Toofy Grin

Will get on the poles and hand drill next session at Hemel, franz has tried to teach me the principles of carving, but I am struggling to commit with getting right on my edges and also struggle with translating what is being taught in to practical application lol😥. Watching the week I can see some improvement and it's nice to have a week of vids to compare and criticise 😄

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-04-14 17:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Sweet as franz with the day five clip. Nice one dude 😄
snow report
Time for some L2 Instructor input before I mess you up completely... lol Laughing
Unless you wanna practice plough-parallel with me wink
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
Time for some L2 Instructor input before I mess you up completely... lol Laughing
Unless you wanna practice plough-parallel with me wink

I don't feel like your messing me up. I feel like I have come far considering how little I have actually skied, don't doubt yourself your Instructional skills are far superior to your skiing skills, Toofy Grin Hee Hee Very Happy
ski holidays
Just in from a day skiing at Hemel with franz. Focused on posture and balance throughout the day 😄 I am amazed at franz dedication Basi L1 course all week and yet still comes skiing today cheers for the input dude 😄
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/4B3ZQe8wSE4
snow report
Thank you for the clip Franz Sad Still not listening am I, I am Trying Lol. So what can I see that I am doing wrong,

1 Posture still not quite correct Still end up back seated. not flexing at the ankle and hip, all at my knees and this is forcing me back

2 I am still leading my turns with my shoulder (this is keeping me on the uphill ski when I turn and being back seated is not allowing me to dig in my ski for my turns is preventing me from getting on my edges

3 I am still rushing down the hill which is exaggerating my errors Very Happy

am interested to know what else is going wrong
ski holidays
Happychap wrote:
...am interested to know what else is going wrong

Why? I think you have enough to be working on, don't you wink
snow report
lol yes true enough Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy