Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
red 27 wrote:
Happychap, you're not the first! No doubt the bottom was a bit icy too which added to the excitement Skullie

Seriously icy glad I went down it

Once lol
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having a blast amazing place this Tignes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Back from tignes and fully recovered from a really long drive. Learned every day from franz and applaud his patience, time and knowledge had an amazing time and was lucky enough to shadow some lessons. 😄. IMO tignes is a amazing vast place easy higher up the slopes and can be some mixed ground easy reach linking the runs I struggled on some of the reds on the first day but seamed to find my confidence throughout the week, best run sache due to the stunning and empty top half and for being out of my depth at the bottom section, I will say I did a couple of other black runs with mixed success more so when I was not aware I was skiing a black run strange that. I would like to think have developed some and lost a few bad habbits 😄

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 21-01-14 22:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good times happychap. Would love a slide on the hills with you and Franz.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your more than welcome ansta, there's always Hemel one weekend Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
here is a small clip of the time in tignes enjoy

http://youtube.com/v/g7i4jZ6Jre4
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Toofy Grin Glad you had such a good time! Like the music. Nothing wrong with side slipping that part of the run you weren't too happy about (looking far more confident however).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How was your trip Nerida did you get any footage 😄
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happychap, Pretty good thank you, apart from a duffed up shoulder. No video footage (don't wear a camera), but took lots of pics Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Such a nice place I must have took over 3000 pictures myself Very Happy I took a fall on some powder so no harm done luckily Very Happy wish your shoulder a speedy recovery
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Happychap, Thanks!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
video two, lots of confidence little competence lol Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/L-ZLttlEL-c
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Happychap, Looking very smooth and controlled.
You're still a bit back-seat n zig-zaggy turns. So get forward and use the front half of your skis to dig in and take you round.
Have you got any lessons lined up?
You're at an advantage to fC coz you have fewer bad habits to kill Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happychap, Looking good! Next time you'll be even more confident Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

You're at an advantage to fC coz you have fewer bad habits to kill

he'll have to change is id to VeryHappychap now you've said that.
snow conditions
Cheers guys knowing to get over my ski's and actually doing it is really frustrating when say looking down from the top of the steep bit on sache all my body wants to do is lean in to the hill lol I have came away with so much more to practice I need another trip ASAP to get it right, will be heading to Hemel soon and will take a lesson off franz lol soon. if I can get the flexing, edging and posture right I am hoping this will positively translate to more confidence and compitance turning on steep ground. Deffo feel I am heading in the right direction BASI for mee It is not to bee😄
snow report
Can't wait till next trip may try to go again in a couple of weeks. If only 😄
snow conditions
Nope I wont be heading off in a couple of weeks I cant get the leave Sad I will have to watch myself out there instead Lol. Thank you to Franz for his editing skills, cheers for the vid See Below,

http://youtube.com/v/nzBR4d3gO7M&feature=share&list=UU4coOtm3L-lGemrxPicj-Jw

Looking through the vids and trying to compare them from last year in meribel, I feel like I have come a long way with regards to my confidence in general and having more control on both blue runs and reds, and I know last year I stayed well clear of black runs, this year I am happy to be on them (I do recognise I cant ski them lol ) I am starting to get my pole plants more regular and I am trying really hard to got off my back seat, I am also starting to consciously get on my downhill ski although not always as easy as it looks, I think I need to be more aware of stance before setting off to support continuing to be over my ski's and I now understand and can feel how this translates to being able to turn on steep ground, I will say I am really enjoying the learning and enjoying skiing the mountain's even more (20 years walking down them I never want to walk off a hill again) Very Happy

a little recap of time skiing so far

Jan 2013 first ski trip eight days in meribel
ten 12 hour sessions at the snow centre
one confidence course with IO
one basics skills with IO
Jan 2014 eight days Tignes this included two morning lessons with BASI and ESF on BASI fundamentals (Cheers to you both You Know who you are I Learned so much in such a short time)

anyway will be at Hemel in a coupe of weeks will explore a lesson to break the remaining habbits, Very Happy Hope to see you there
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/9U2_JGsK4m4
ski holidays
Didn't see much of Happychap's skiing in these vids...where was he??

Happychap, So basically, you've had 3 days of lessons? That can't be right!
Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
I have had much in the way of tips and knowledge shared by Franz but yes only three days of formal lessons
latest report
I know I need More lessons lol Very Happy
snow report
franzClammer, Happychap, Very Happy thanks for sharing the footage!
latest report
Wow Shocked
fC's a genius instructor or you're a genius skier, either way, outstanding progress.
Now that you're an intermediate, definitely get some lessons ...
...it's better, cheaper and easier than breaking bad habits later on Laughing
ski holidays
Happychap, You read my mind!!
snow conditions
Look Everybody, He said I am an Intermediate Get in there Lol Very Happy Seriously though will have more lessons as I am far to critical when I watch myself ski and like the learning curves
snow report
your welcome Neraida nice to know someone is enjoying them Very Happy
snow conditions
Getting to intermediate is fairly straightforward....getting out the other end is the hard part.
(or blimmin impossible IMHO)

Looking forward to a vid of your skiing ... so we can rip it apart Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ALQ wrote:
Wow Shocked
fC's a genius instructor or you're a genius skier, either way, outstanding progress.
Laughing

Wannabe-Instructor

Let's get it right before people start pm'ing me for lessons wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
franzClammer, Nah...you're fully qualified coz whatever you've instructed Happychap to smoke seems to be working wink
ski holidays
ALQ, Madeye-Smiley
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/Io7Wq4Q-yXM
snow report
Flight booked, accommodation is awaiting. Franz my own personal instructor in the making is waiting for me, I know franz has many new drills to share, so excited 😄 and slighlt worried I will be meeting him off the back of quite a serious course. And having spoken to him he has been down some seriously steep black runs worried now lol

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 19-03-14 18:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Is a bit mad how the fear of a run can be grater than skiing the run Sad
ski holidays
Happychap, Relax, it's all in your head. You can side-slip almost anything, so just do that a few times and keep going back up. Familiarity breeds contempt, so you'll be more confident each time Laughing
Anyway, I find it's more fun carving properly on a blue run, than hacking down a steep black with cr*p technique.
ski holidays
Cool advice ALQ, I will try to maintain that mantra when franz has me standing at the top of a black run lol. Looking back I should have spent more time on la sache, it would have helped with familiarisation, and
I wholeheartedly agree skiing blues well, is a better way of gaing in both skills and confidence than skiing black runs badly
snow report
Still amazed at going back so soon twice in one season, 😄👏
snow conditions
Also I have so many drills in my head, added to what franz will be showing me will be even more confused what would be the one drill I should focuss on more that will get me to the next stage. Ie do I continue with drills for posture and plough parellel to hone the basics or start to learn the carving tools, ( equally is that a stupid question)
snow report
franzClammer wrote:
ALQ wrote:
Wow Shocked
Laughing

Wannabe-Instructor

Let's get it right before people start pm'ing me for lessons wink

I would like to think its a bit of both genius instructor and my natural talent for skiing
Very Happy (I am with franz next week don't want his head getting to big lol)
latest report
I think you've progressed really well and franz has done a decent job. BUT, IMHO, time to get a 2nd opinion on your skiing.
So treat yourself, spend a bit extra for a 2 hour lesson with a pro early in your trip...practice with franz...then another 2 hour lesson with a pro later in the week.

Happychap wrote:
Still amazed at going back so soon twice in one season, 😄👏

Are you trying to p*ss me off Sad

Have fun and don't forget to take vids...the funnier the better Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy