Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Linsey Vonn in serious crash helicoptered off

Poster: A snowHead
Linsey Vonn in serious crash helicoptered off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/21342202
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
O dear. Sad I hate seeing crashes; hope she's OK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looked awful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fingers crossed.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looked like she flew too far in the jump, landed on a flatter section and got caught out by the impact
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty serious looking knee injury, look at her right leg.
http://youtube.com/v/mVh9iSUTCvw
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been watching that video again and again and I can't work our what happened to her right leg. I think my brain is going into some sort of defensive mode and not letting me focus on it as it looks so painfully unnatural.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like her right knee collapsed as she landed the jump.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As she landed her right ski seemed to collapse onto the inside edge... inturn her ankle seems to collapse whcih then chucked her knee down onto the piste and caused her to flip.
Watched it over and over on Sky+.
I'd say knee injury caused by th eimpact and flip rather than the landing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Look at the position of her knee just before she gets flipped. That has to be serious.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not good Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jesus, hope she is OK.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I knew an Army helicopter pilot who said that he had hundreds of "excellent" landings and one "good" landing. He defined "good" as "Everyone lived to tell the tale" (he parked the helicopter upside down in a German wood).

Lindsey Vonn is going to be able to tell the tale.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oww that's gota hurt, as flangesax, says looks like the right ski maybe caught an edge or went into a rut something like that, which then caused the crash, really hope it's not as bad as it looked, but the fact that they helicoptered her off suggests it's pretty serious,

Apparently the doctor on the slope who treated her has said he suspects a broken shin bone and possibly other damage to the leg which is why the helicopter was called

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 5-02-13 16:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am so sorry. It's my fault. I was only trying to find some pictures of her in the shower.
ski holidays
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad poor girl.
latest report
Oooh, thats going to need a bit more than a fat neurofen, a bag of peas and a half bottle of chalet merlot...
snow report
Horrible looking crash in every way really hard to look at Skullie Skullie Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad , here is hoping it mends quickly and she will be back on her feet and skis.
snow report
looking at that video, whatever was broken, was broken before the flip i think. Looks horrible and painful and almost with a doubt the end of her season at the very least.
ski holidays
ansta1, +1 - leg just completely gives out. Hope she can recover and get back on the slopes asap.
snow conditions
At least she'll have no shortage of offers to rub it better
ski holidays
musher wrote:
At least she'll have no shortage of offers to rub it better

Perhaps not: http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/5654/20130204/lindsey-vonn-dating-tiger-woods-force-bodyguards.htm
latest report
Just Heard it is broken right leg.
latest report
Avoided the chemmy one...until the tw@ts on dancing on ice kindly showed it without warning... Evil or Very Mad and I'm not looking at this one, sounds awful! Poor girl, hope it's not as serious as it sounds! Sad
snow conditions
waynos,

Where does that report come from? BBC is currently reporting ruptured cruciate and lateral ligaments.
ski holidays
could be fracture plus ligaments. Sad
snow report
No broken bones, but that's pretty much all what is left of her knee... everything else is gone. All possible ligaments in her knee are thorn, so definitely not nice thing Sad
snow report
primoz, worse outcome, Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah definitely... I just heard start-stop up on course and few minutes saw later chopper coming, but no further info until some 10mins later. So at that time it was only two options... Maze crashed and Lindsey was yellow flagged (I was actually afraid of this one more, since Tina went into complete fog... so no goddamn photos of World champion!!!, except some foggy shi**t), or Maze made it to bottom, and Lindsey crashed some 500m below my position.
snow report
Merde, that's grim, poor thing.
ski holidays
Head Ski's facebook page indicates no breaks

Quote:
News on Lindsey: according to the doctors she has no fractures, no broken bones but has a very complex knee injury. Lindsey has left the hospital. She and her team will now discuss how to proceed and where to undergo surgery... Season is over, but it's not the end of her career. We think of you Lindsey and wish you a speedy recovery!!! Best wishes from the entire HEAD Team!

http://www.facebook.com/headski/posts/10151687926147678
snow report
ACL & MCL tear and fractured tibia according to FIS site
snow report
Yeah looks like bones are not intact afterall
ski holidays
usa ski team are saying there is a fracture, but i am no medic so don't know how bad it is.

SCHLADMING, Austria (Feb. 5) - Olympic champion Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO) crashed during the opening day super G at the FIS Alpine Ski World Championships. Vonn had posted the fastest first interval and was having a strong run when she went down off a jump midway down the course. She was immediately attended to by race medical officials and transported by helicopter, as is standard protocol, to a nearby hospital where she was evaluated and released. According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Vonn suffered a torn ACL and MCL in her right knee and a lateral tibial plateau fracture. She will be out for the remainder of this season but is expected to return to racing for the 2013-14 Audi FIS World Cup season and the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

http://usskiteam.com/news/vonn-crashes-world-super-g
latest report
Ouch so essentially she has a broken knee joint as that type of fracture basically is where the top of the tibia is shearing off, that combined with ACL and MCL damage sounds like it will take a lot of work to repair
latest report
"Evaluated and released"? Seems very soon to be thrown out. She'll be evacuated back to the US for treatment, presumably? With plenty of pain killers, no doubt. Sad
ski holidays
From google images it seems that type of fracture often requires plating. Looks nasty.
http://www.joint-pain-expert.net/images/tibia_plateau_fracture_type1.jpg
ski holidays
My son got a smashed ankle (toboganning) plated in Innsbruck - and a very good job they did, too, according to the local orthopods, when he got back.
snow conditions
Best wishes to her, sounds v. painful I hope they've given her some good painkillers.
ski holidays
Tibial plateau fractures are I understand it quite common in hyperextension injuries. Not necessarily something that needs plating if just hairline. I've done it myself and couldn't be seen under X ray just under MRI.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy