Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria - Chalet in St Anton 9th March or 17th March - CLOSED

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I have found few chalets in St Anton but due to the usual drop-out factor a friend and I are looking for room mates. Both of us are in our 40's and very sociable. Me, female , improver skier. My friend, male, advanced boarder. Cost around £750 including flights and meals. Chalet size 12 to 16. Give me a shout if you are interested.

If anyone has any spaces in a chalet that they have already, drop me a line too!

Thanks!
Marilyn Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-02-13 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sorted yet?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
We have an Italian option but it doesn't have the facilities I was hoping for. In Austria, no. I'm amazed at the total lack of shared accommodation in Austria -a major gap in the market! So, for that location we need other bods to share and I haven't had any offers as yet.

Do you know of something, have something or want to join?
Thanks!
Marilyn
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 6-08-13 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, my name is Chris I'm an Advanced Boarder and I'm going to be in St Anton the week before that but I'm thinking I may want to stay on and do an extra week so if you guys have space for a single who is happy to share then I could be interested, I wouldn't need flights or transfers, just the accomodation and folk to hit the slopes with, let me know.
Cheers,
Chris
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Self Catered Apartments from £172 pp

Anyone interested in sharing this deal?

Galli Apartments - 13 Mar 2013

The Galli Apartments are modern and well maintained apartments centrally located next to Hotel Galli & Marco's Bar, a lively popular venue for great food and drink into the evening

Based on Gatwick Flights
and transfers.

£175 pp
Based on 4 Sharing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 13-02-13 0:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Chris
Check out this link for the Chalet we are thinking of. http://www.skival.co.uk/ski-chalet/st-anton/loori/47/
I've been in touch with them and they are charging £550 pp incl flights and meals for the week beginning 10/3 (sharing a twin).

Alternatively, we found this one but its in Flachau and you organise your own flights - http://www.chaletbeyond.com/ski-chalets/catered-chalet/chalet-auhof/

k1orange and Gea - you may be interested too?

Let me know.

Thanks!
Marilyn
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
Are you still trying to fix something up?

I'm trying to get a way for a week and w/c 9/10 march is the only week I can make . Just want to make the most of the good snow - I ski and board and easy going . I live in Cornwall but can arrange flights from Bristol probably .

Blush
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Nippers
Please see my last post. Are you M/F? Shock)
M
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi I'm male Paul. Sorry should have said.

The first link looks slightly better - edge of town may be a drag but I don't know the area

I'd just be happy to tag along to a trip organised by someone as my partner doesn't ski

Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Marilyn,
Looks alright!
Where are we flying into? Or are transfers included?
I need to check my dates and see if 10-Mar is alright!
Have you checked lift-pass prices?
I'm vegetarian! So I'm going to drop them an e-mail, asking about menus.
I'm a male, of 53yrs.
I'll come back when I check my dates!
Thanks.
Gerard.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Marilyn!
What about this offer in Italy, from IGLUSKI.com
Gerard.

Galli Apartments, Livigno, Italy

£175 pp

23 Mar 2013 (7 nights)

Gatwick to Innsbruck

Self Catered Apartment

Per Person based on 4 sharing.

Accommodation

Transfers

Flights
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Marilyn

Just seen your post from last night. Are you still looking for additional people? I am a female skier in my 40's.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello again - just been sent this deal but unsure how many spaces available....

Return flights to Salzburg
Free ski hire (worth £99) or ski carriage (worth £35)
Checked luggage and return transfers
Half board, including unlimited wine for six days

The Chalet Hotel Pinzgauerhof is a 2-minute walk from the centre of Hinterglemm, a village in the Austrian state of Salzburg. The resort is 4km from Saalbach and is nestled at the end of the Glemmtaler Valley. The chalet is ideally located next to the main ski lift, and is traditionally furnished throughout. There's a large communal space, a sauna, a bar, an open log fire and free Wi-Fi access.

Half board includes a hot and cold buffet breakfast, afternoon tea with coffee and cakes and a 5-course evening meal -- which includes a pre-dinner apèritif and a choice of unlimited wines, followed by tea or coffee and chocolates. Dinner can be chosen from a menu, and vegetarian options are available. Meals are served six days a week, to give the chalet staff a day off. Depart on:

23 March... London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham
6 April... London Gatwick
30 March... +£100 London Gatwick, Manchester

all this for £499!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Everyone!
Ok, working backwards - Libran & Gerard - Our dates are fixed so we cant do those weeks. I checked out the Gali apartments but its not what we're looking for really.

The chalet in St Anton is the preference but as Ski Val don't do shared accommodation, sharers, will have to get together to book the rooms.

So possible joiners are :
Guys -
Chris
Gerard
Paul
Holger

Girls -
Me
Libran

As per the SkiVal site, lift passes cost around £200, Ski hire - from 168 euros depending upon level. (For 6 days). Transfers/taxes £43

Ok, to work out if we can do this I need a FIRM commitment so could you let me know asap if you're a 'yay'.
Thanks

Smile
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm amazed at the total lack of shared accommodation in Austria -a major gap in the market!

I don't understand this comment. Austria has masses of hotels, and quite a few catered chalets, including the one you linked to in St Anton. You can just book one room in a Ski Val chalet - and they have some singles - but if you want to share with a stranger of the same sex, rather than pay a single supplement, you have to find them first - but the same would apply in a French catered chalet.

Sure, there are some dorms and hostels in France, but there are hostels in Austria too, aren't there? Including quite a few in the Arlberg.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I'm amazed at the total lack of shared accommodation in Austria -a major gap in the market!

I don't understand this comment. Austria has masses of hotels, and quite a few catered chalets, including the one you linked to in St Anton. You can just book one room in a Ski Val chalet - and they have some singles - but if you want to share with a stranger of the same sex, rather than pay a single supplement, you have to find them first - but the same would apply in a French catered chalet.

Sure, there are some dorms and hostels in France, but there are hostels in Austria too, aren't there? Including quite a few in the Arlberg.
I agree, Austria has masses of hotels and chalets but if you want a decent place to use as an INDIVIDUAL then the choices are few and far between!

My male friend and I do not want to share a room so our only options are to find somewhere which has single rooms, pay a huge single supplement or find someone of the same sex to share.
I have not been able to find ANY shared accommodation in St Anton. If you know better please let me know where they are (not dorms or hostels).

I've sent group emails in 'Chalet Finder' and all I got back were 3 places, two I've mentioned above. I spoke to someone at Iglu ski and they couldn't find anything!

I have only found one chalet with one single room.

I have been to France twice so I wanted to try somewhere different this year. There I used an organisation which did shared accommodation in lovely chalets with a hot tub, sauna and all meals, which catered for up to 14 people. Whilst searching for a trip this year I'm finding that the majority of those types of organisations (with chalets of that standard) operate out of France, hence a major gap in the market in Austria!
latest report
There aren't many chalet type places in St Anton, other than those operated by British tour operators, most of the smaller, family run guest houses and pensions just aren't set up to provide evening meals and being small may only have, say, one single room. This arrangement ensures that the nice, reasonably priced eateries in town continue to operate and the town remains lively into the evening. The easiest way to find a place to stay is through the local tourist office website. You may perceive this lack of chalets as a gap in the market but the Austrians are maybe in no hurry to fill it.
ski holidays
Kelskii, +1

There are plenty of chalets in Nasserein if that's your thing, personally we much prefer b&b and eating out in town.

Genoa, my mate, a single traveller is coming out to join us or 4 nights midweek and is paying 45€ per night b&b, just 100m from Galzigbahn........... use the TO website as Kelskii, says, its your friend.
ski holidays
Hi Marilyn

Sorry, decided to go to Austria on 23 March - date is better for me.

Hope you have a great holiday.

C
latest report
I think I'd prefer to share a room with a bloke I knew than a woman I didn't know.
latest report
Hi Libran1010,
What deal did you get for 23rd? 10th doesn't suit me too well!
Gerard.
snow conditions
Hi Libran
Thanks for letting me know.
You have a good one too! Smile
snow report
Hi Gerard

The deal I went for is on my earlier post - 13 Feb. Voyager Travel doing a couple of Chalet deals for £499 on 23 March and a couple of other dates. Let me know if you have trouble finding it and I'll email details to you.

May see you in Hinterglemm Smile

C
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy